~SEVEN: Documentation~

Emma P.O.V

I sat in the Alley, Just to be sure about timing and whatnot, I gave 30 minutes to the search for myself.

"Claws in." I murmur giving the noisy cat a bite of cheese and walking towards Ladybug's section of the city. Every step feels heavier and worse than before, I look at the CN written on my arm, this is so confusing, I wonder if M'lady has one as well. How did this come to be, what is this for?

"Hey! Kid!" M'lady called landing barely in front of me, "Are you Emma Dupain-Cheng?"

"Yes! I have been looking everywhere for you since they disabled the Akuma system!" I rambled out trying to give an explanation; though they did disable the alerts they left it optional for most people to have them still.

"I know, C'mon, I need to take you home, your parents are worried sick about you."

"Kitty already told me, but she had an emergency to get to so she just gave me directions to my own house!" I exclaimed, It's almost 3am so my tiredness was understandable since I technically did run all over Paris today.

LB laughed, offering her hand, "I can take you home, but my eyesight isn't very good, I might need you to be my eyes if I get a little lost or distracted." Her hand was outstretched and her eyes casted in my general direction.

I took her hand and she pulled me into her arm and swung over the street in an odd direction. I held onto her as we flew through the streets, me barely paying attention due to the excitement of doing this without the ability. Maybe it's the hype of falling... would she catch me if I did?

"We go left at the Eiffel tower, right?" She asks holding us over a tin rooftop.

"Yeah and then straight for three streets and it should be in the area of the Dupain-Cheng Bakery." Her eyes widen as she loosens the yo-yo, clearly unintentionally. 

"I thought your family was in the fashion industry?"

"Oh... My family is! Grandma Emilie lives with Zumu Sabine and Grandfather Tom. They all work in the bakery together, sometimes my dad comes to help, usually on weekends when the shop needs some extra hands with the teens. While Mama works on her designs and model shows, dad also models for her sometimes but that is only when she makes full-family outfits." I began to ramble about her work and the little stories I've heard.

She swung us around the entirety of Paris before landing in the center of the courtyard by the love seat, Mama always said that their first kiss was filled with fear and distress, but Dad always said it was full of passion and comfort. I sometimes worry about their memories, I mean, why wouldn't they remember the same thing?

"Here you are, Little Dark Age."

I couldn't help but burst into laughter, "I'm sorry? That is the funniest thing I've ever been called."

"I couldn't think of anything else!" she laughed awkwardly reaching to pet my head, "I do have to leave now." She gave Mama's traditional bug-out and swung off into the night, the moon enlightening her costume.

I stared at her for a moment, her figure shrinking in the distance.

she's gone now.

I quickly walk into the mansion's kitchen and collect more cheese for the tiny cat. I Quietly stepped through the door, no one was there. Not Mama, dad, The twins are probably sleeping, unable to greet me anyway. The slow heaviness in my chest got heavier and grew, I stepped up the stairs and followed the hall, up the stairs that led to my room. I looked at the railing, the wall color was blended terribly... Why was it blended..? Now that i think about it, the entire mansion is built differently and the original floor-plans didn't show my room.