14. Courting you

Anamika's POV

"Well I had a meeting in that club. After I was finished with it and came out, I accidentally saw you dancing on the dance floor. So I came to say hi. But then I realised that you were drunk so I brought you home." He said in his normal calm voice as if that was all that happened.

Wait. Didn't Emily said that the guy I went home with dance with me and then we kissed before we left together? And if Alexander is the one that took me home then...

My eyes widened in shock as I stared at him. There was a little bit confusion in his eyes but his face was as calm as ever with that small smile on his lips.

"Th-then..my friend..that was with me..said that..we d-dance..and then.." I stalled off but then heard him say "then we kissed?"

I felt my face heat up and then I just gave him a single nod, staring at the table cloth like it's the most interesting thing in this world.

"Haaaahhh" I heard him letting out a deep sigh. I looked at him with a confused face.

"Anamika.. you're soo beautiful, smart and intelligent but when it comes to feelings then why are you so dense?" He said with a hint of pain and helplessness in his eyes.

"What do you mean?" I asked not being able to keep up with his beating around the bush.

"Since you can't see my advances and taking note of that day when you were the one who called my name and kissed me first, I know that you have some feelings for me. So I guess it's alright to tell you that I'm courting you." He said in his calm authoritative voice filled with confidence that left me dumbfounded.

Courting? Did he really said that or I'm just hearing things? No..did he just said that I was the one who took the initiative to kiss him and even called him by his name??????

Ahhh!!!!! How could I...nooo!! This can't be happening. Mummy is going to kill me if she got to know about this. Or maybe call me back and marry me off with some random stranger with government job. No, I don't want to get married yet. I still have to complete my PhD. Fall in love and then get married.

Yeah, I know you must be thinking why can't it be Alexander. But even if I want to fall in love, it should be the guy from my caste and religion. But I can't help but fall for this almost perfect man sitting in front of me.

I remember when I was in school, girls and boys already started with this relationship stuffs and when I was in college almost everyone was in love. Some had one sided unrequited love. Some had mutual feelings and were in a relationship. Some just play around with different people and have fun.

And then there's me. Just study and nothing else. No friends. A typical introvert, that everyone can take advantage of. It's just I had a senior in college who used to look after me and used to warn my bullies not to bully me. Even after graduation and during my M.tech, he helped me quite a bit, even though he was busy helping his dad in their family business.

"Earth to Anamika?" I heard my name that brought me out of my daze. I blinked once, twice and then thrice before remembering the topic we were talking on. Yess..he said he was courting me. I looked at him with my confused eyes and asked "what do you mean by courting me?"

He gave me one of his heart melting smile before saying, "it means that I'm going to chase you with the intention of marrying you and I'm not stopping untill you agree then we'll date, meet each other's parents and finally get married."

Like hell!!!! Mr. Gray did you forget that I'm Indian?? Belonging to a typical Indian family where opinions from relatives and society is more important than yours?? But I can't blame you for that. You never lived in that environment so you have no idea how tough it is to even marry with the one you want to.

I let out a deep sigh and was about to say but he beat me into that "But before you reject me, I just want you to know that I won't back down. And if there's something stopping you to accept me then please tell me. We will definitely find a solution together." He said he voice was a mix of feelings pain determination and his usual confidence.

Not being able to reject him anymore I decided to tell him the truth. Maybe he would give up after I tell him that?

"Well...it's my family. They care about what people will say. Well of course except my father. And he was the one who sent me here and had to listen to everyone's taunts like sending me out of country I will definitely do something that'll tarnish their name and then no one will marry me. And I don't want to prove them right Alex. I don't want them to taunt my dad for lifetime." By the time I said the last line, tears were streaming down my cheeks.

I felt warm fingers wiping my tears. I looked at him with my moist eyes. He had a soft and gentle expression that assures me that everything will be alright. That it's okay for me to lean on him and he will take care of the rest. That all I need to do is accept his feelings as well as mine and he would take care of the rest.

Not knowing what I'm doing, I just hugged him tightly as if I was holding onto my life. And he softly patted my head until I calmed down. This moment. I don't want it to end. I want this to last forever. But i know it's impossible. This is something even he won't be able to solve.

_____________________

Please vote if you liked this chapter and also do comment your opinions.