24. Conversation

Anamika's POV

Dinner with Alex's parents was wonderful. His mother is so cheerful and both his parents seemed happy that he finally found someone. Though it was quite embarassing for me since they kept on complementing me.

If it weren't for this big mansion and everything around us so luxurious, no one could tell they're one hella rich family.

His father, Andrew Gray was the one who founded their company and built it into the business empire it is today. That Alex inherited as their only son. And no, it wasn't the only reason.

Alex's father once got I'll when he was seventeen and since then he worked in the company to share his father's burden. When he turned 25, he took all the responsibility, and let his parents enjoy their retirement.

His mother, Evelina Gray was a chef and owned a restaurant in the downtown. That restaurant is currently the most luxurious Italian restaurant. Yes, she's Italian lady who came to America to build her career and then fall in love with Mr. Gray.

And by the looks of it, Mr. Gray definitely dotes on his wife. This loving family filled my heart with warmth that I've been craving since coming here. And in a way, it made me miss my family even more.

After dinner, Alex and his dad went to the study to talk something about business, whereas Mrs. Gray kept me company.

She's a lovely woman, who's passionate about just everything. She talked about almost everything so smoothly as if it came to her naturally. She gave off that motherly love that seems incomparable to my own mother's.

As we talked, she suddenly grabbed both of my hands in hers as she looked into my eyes and said, "it's been a while since I've seen Alex smile so genuinely around someone. And that's something he has never done outside this house. I could feel that he loves you alot. And from the looks of it, i know you love him too. So I just want to ask you of one thing. No matter what happens in the future, just trust him, okay?" She said with something in her eyes that i couldn't read. And that confused me.

I mean..what could even happen that would make me not to trust him? But nonetheless, i gave her a sweet smile and nodded and then she again went back chat about everything.

Around an hour later, Alex and his dad came back to the living room and Alex took his seat beside me and wrapped his arms around my waist and placed a gentle kiss on my temple as his dad did the same with his mother. Like father like son.

"Alright, I've asked maid to clean your room Alex, you can take Anamika there for rest." His mother said as she looked at us.

Alex smiled as he said "it's alright mom. We won't be spending the night here. We need to go to work since tomorrow's Monday."

His mom's lips turned into a pout as she grumbled about him never spending night at their house and always being a workaholic. I couldn't help but giggle and say "We will make sure to spend the night next time we come here Mrs. Gray."

"Alright, i will trust you in this." She said to me then turned to her son and continued, "but if you make excuses next time, I'll disown you."

After that we said our goodbyes and left his parents home. But during the whole ride back, Alex didn't said much. As if he was buried deep in his thoughts. Eventually, I fell asleep before i could realise.

Alexander's POV

On our way back home, my mind drifted to the conversation i had with dad. And I know where he's going with what he said.

*Flashback*

"You love her?" Dad asked

"Yeah." I replied

"You know what your grandpa wants right?" He asked.

"Uhm."

"And you haven't told her." That was a statement. Not a question.

"Well I was afraid she'll run away."

"I think you should tell her as soon as you can. Don't keep her in the dark with your identity. Don't repeat my mistake."

"I know dad. I know I had to tell her someday, but I'm afraid that she'll be scared. She's not even from here. What if she hates me and refuse to talk to me because of it?"

"You can't back away from this Alexander. You promised your grandpa that you'll inherit his mafia. You've been training for it since you were a child. You chose this life for yourself. Even when your mother and I were against it. Now you have to take responsibility for your choices. He will never let you go."

"At that time, never in my wildest dreams had i imagined that I would fall for someone. Not to mention someone like her. But i should have seen this coming. She's like a sunshine in my dark world. I never trusted anyone after that incident. But she saved my life dad. She didn't even cared that i could be a god damn murderer. That I am. She trusted me. And now tell her all this will break her trust. And I know if I backed away from this grandpa will be angry. Hell, he may harm Anamika. And i would be powerless to protect her."

"Alex. I know this is difficult for you. And i understand how you feel since I've been in the same place as you years ago. But it's up to you how you handle this situation. And. It's better to tell her yourself rather than let her find it out herself."

*End of flashback*

Yeah..dad's right. I need to tell her. But how?

_________________________