Chapter 47- Bring Your Fiancée to Work

It had been a few months since the engagement party, and most of my friends and family had returned to Republic City. Jinora and Ikki, however, decided to stay with Iroh and me in the palace a little longer.

One day, I went to visit Iroh in his room. As I entered, I found him immersed in his studies, examining maps and battle plans.

"Oh, sorry. I didn't mean to interrupt you," I apologized.

Iroh shook his head, gesturing for me to come closer. "No, it's okay," he reassured me.

I walked over and settled onto his lap. "So, you're going back soon?" I asked, curious about his return to his military duties.

Iroh smiled warmly and nodded. "Yes, it's time for me to rejoin my forces and continue serving my nation. I've been away for too long, and I miss the work. But this time, I want you to come with me and see how everything works."

His invitation took me by surprise. "Me? But I'm not a soldier or a strategist. What could I possibly contribute?" I questioned, unsure of my role in the military setting.

Iroh placed his chin on my shoulder, comforting me. "Fara, your spirit brings joy and warmth. In battle, remember the importance of compassion and connection in times of conflict. Your gift for forging bonds is what our crew needs."

Feeling honored and humbled, I smiled at Iroh. "Awe, Iroh you're so sweet, thank you. I will gladly join you on this journey and do my best to support your crew." I leaned in and softly kissed his lips.

✧༺♥༻∞༺♥༻✧

With our decision made, we embarked on our journey to meet the crew members who served alongside Iroh. Each member held a unique role and shared a deep dedication to their nation.

Our first stop was General Liu's, a seasoned military strategist. As we entered his tent, he was engrossed in studying his maps.

Iroh saluted him respectfully, and I followed suit. "General Liu, it's an honor to see you again. I've brought someone special to meet you. This is Fara, my fiancée. She will be joining us on our journey," Iroh introduced me.

General Liu glanced up from his maps and extended a hand towards me. "Welcome, Fara. It's a pleasure to have you among us."

I shook his hand, feeling a mix of nervousness and excitement. "Thank you, General Liu. I am grateful for the opportunity to contribute in any way I can."

General Liu smiled warmly. "You'll find that even in the midst of battles, the human connection is what sustains us. Your presence will serve as a reminder of our shared humanity."

Our next visit, Iroh took us to the medical tent, where Lieutenant Mei, a skilled medic was tending to the wounded. Iroh introduced me to her, and she welcomed me with kindness and empathy.

"Welcome, Fara. It's a pleasure to meet you. I've heard about you from your uncle, retired Commander Bumi of the Second Division. He was always in the medic room, he's quite a clumsy man." Lieutenant Mei said with a smile. "In times of conflict, healing both physical and emotional wounds is essential. We're here to support and protect our fellow soldiers," she expressed, her dedication evident in her words.

I grinned warmly, reminiscing about my uncle's clumsy yet caring nature. "Thank you, Lieutenant Mei."

We continued our journey, heading to the harbor where Captain Chen commanded the naval fleet. As we approached, the sound of the crashing waves and the sight of majestic ships filled me with awe.

Iroh saluted Captain Chen, and I followed suit. "Captain Chen, this is Fara, my fiancée. She will be joining us on our journey," Iroh introduced me once again.