No One Would Miss The Quirkless

She awoke, her cheeks pressed against a hard pillow. She sat up quickly hissing at the loud rattling sound that assaulted her ears, she looked down at her wrist, eyes landing on the cuff that held it. A chain leading to the floor. She sniffed tentatively pulling at it but the chain did not budge. She pulled a face, before looking around at her surroundings. She was scared. Where was she? Why was she chained up? She didn't know..She didn't know...just what had she done wrong?

In the room she was now in it was pitch black. She could not see anything around her other than the outline of her own hands and chain. She didn't know if she was alone in this room or not..She didn't know...and what if there were other people? Would they hurt her too? She was chained. She was a prisoner here... But why? She couldn't put gather. All of this was new...all of this was scary. She wanted out. She really wanted out. But every time she moved there would be the same result a loud rattle that made her small body flinch violently and then nothing. Absolutely nothing. All of her efforts were fruitless. She was trapped. She was stuck. There was no way out for her.
Tears started swelling and a small sob was hidden behind her hand. She snuggled into the rough covers of whatever bedding she had been put into and hugged herself tightly. Hiding her face in the pillow and little wails escaped her parched lips. Sobs heaved her body, and her breathing became frantic. Yet no one came. No one came to help her. She was alone...She was alone...chained up to the floor and stuck in this suffocating room. With nothing but darkness to accompany her. She was lost. She was alone. She was tired. Her heaves grew lighter her sniffles quieter as she fell into a restless slumber. To exhausted to stay awake. Tears traced down her cheeks and her throat and eyes throbbed. She wanted to go home... She wanted her mummy.

"Is she awake?"
"I don't know...She looks terrible!"
"Ssh! Ssh!!"
Koharu sniffed as she stirred. Fidgeting as she woke up. Her eyes opened slowly, still sore from the tears of the night before. She looked around slowly eyes glossy. Figures stared at her, propped up on their own futons. The room was filled with the sounds of rattling chains. She looked around cautiously blinking as the figures became people. Children. Children...She wasn't in this room alone. She had never been...instead...
"Ah you're awake!! Thank goodness, it would be rough to be caught slacking on your first day!"
She stared at the person who had spoken to her, bright blue eyes and white hair. She was smiling at her softly. Koharu didn't respond, her mouth dry and throat sore. The girl tilted her head at her before grinning again brightly.
"Not much of a talker, but don't worry. I'm Subject 1235, it's a pleasure to meet you...Uh... ah Subject 1249?" 

Koharu's gaze narrowed as she stared at the girl. That wasn't her name. The girl, 1235 noticed this and her face softened a sad look taking over her otherwise cheerful face. Before she straightened herself up. Bringing her white locks away from her neck to reveal numbers that had been branding into the flesh of her neck. Koharu's eyes widened in shock her mouth falling into a gape as she stared at her.
"These are our names now...1249...we're not allowed to be referred by anything else until we earn our names,"   Koharu tilted her head at her frowning inquisitively. 1235 smiled at her slightly, it wasn't a happy smile, Koharu realised...it was one of mourning. This girl...
"When we make a name for ourselves...we need to complete are training and become the best weapons ever."  Koharu frowned. Weapons? Why would they be weapons? What could she do? She was quirkless...what could they get from her? 1235 nodded.
"Yeah I know...but they want us because we're quirkless. We're perfect because of that." Koharu realised the reason for that because of her being quirkless her father hadn't been nice. Her father hadn't hesitated to give her away. She looked away frowning.  The perfect weapon... No one would miss the quirkless.

1235 opened her mouth as though to continue the conversation when the big metal doors at the side of the room opened. Koharu flinched as massive quirked individuals walked into the room, guns drawn and started to unlock the children one by one from their chains.
Koharu rubbed her wrist looking up at the adults with a slight glare. 1235 elbowed her roughly in the side. She glanced over with a small glare but the girl shook her head in warning. Koharu bit her lip and looked down. The once perky talkative kid had now gone silent. Koharu knew that these people...were bad people. Very bad people.

The children were lined up. All of their heads down and looking at the floor. Koharu counted the children and realised all together there was eighteen of them. She shivered and shook her head. They were lead down the coridoors, all of them white and barren. Unappetizing to her. She felt herself tense as they walked. Her ears catching the sound of distant guns firing and other people chattering. Her breath caught into her throat. They weren't the only ones?

The man leading them opened some large double metal doors. They creaked and slammed into the wall behind them and Koharu flinched at the loud sound. She looked around at the scraping of cutlery. The room was a cafeteria... and it was full of people like her. The man lead them to a table that sat at the end of the hall. Ordering them all to he seated. Koharu found herself sitting amongst strangers 1235 being further away from her. She sniffed hands clenching on her lap as the table was filled with bowels of porridge.

"Eat up, you have a long day ahead of you Section 123."
Koharu let out a quiet breath as she spooned the porridge tentatively bringing it to her lips. Eyes downcast as she began to eat her food. A long day...what were they doing today? Was Section 123 what they were called? Were these the people she was going to be staying with for awhile? She glanced around the hall taking in the other kids. A long while...some of them were adults... She didn't like this she didn't like this at all.
"Stop that. You're going to get punished." Her head snapped forward as she looked towards a boy who was sitting in front of her. He was eating his porridge and his voice was quiet barely noticeable. But Koharu knew she had heard it. 
"Let her...it'll teach her real quick." another boy who was besides him whispered, grey eyes rising to meet her's. She glared slightly. Looking between the two. The other boy looked up as well brown eyes darting between the two.
"No...we'll all get yelled at. We're seen as a collective remember?" The boy scoffed rolling his eyes before nodding silently and going back to his food. Koharu watched the two of them for a little longer taking in their numbers. 1242 and 1241 their numbers were close to hers does that mean they had came around recently as well. She looked down taking another swollow. She kept her eyes ahead this time. Keeping quiet and making sure not to move to much. The warnings she had received were enough to put her on edge and her young mind was barely comprehending what was going on. She was scared. She was really scared. But her fears had diminished slightly due to her not being alone in this environment... 1235 was going to help her wasn't she? She seemed friendly. Maybe she would...hopefully she would. She glanced at the girl. She was staring at her food, blue eyes lacking the light Koharu had seen in them that morning. She bit her lip. Mournful for the loss and the true weight of the situation she was in was weighing heavily on her young shoulders.