Breaking Point

Warning: Character Death

Koharu had improved. Her abilities were considered some of the best in her Section, what was left of it anyway. But above her always was 1235. Her blue eyes cold and dead set on her target. Her white hair swaying through the air. Her steps precise and her hands fast and calloused. She was amazing, she was the best and Koharu looked up to her. Her green eyes following each and everyone of her movements. She mimicked them, she tried to base herself of off the one who had earned her name, Blizzard.

Blizzard was the best. She really was. She flattened everyone in their Section, including Koharu. Koharu always found herself literally looking up at the bright eyed girl, a easy smile on her face as she reached down and grasped her hand in her own. Pulling her back. She always made sure to whisper pointers to her opponents after she took them down. Koharu listened silently as she whispered into her ear all the ways she could improve she nodded silently walking away. Eyes directed towards the ground. She rubbed her sore muscles as she watched Blizzard take on 1242, even after all these years...Blizzard stuck to her ideals...Koharu now knew what to think of it. She admired her. She admired her dedication. Her drive. She wished she still held onto it...but for now...Blizzard was their ankor. Their safety. Blizzard was their friend and they owed their lives to her.

"You are good, 1249. You're amazing as well. I think that by the end of the year you'll have earned your name as well!"
"...I don't think I care about that anymore...I just want to live..."
"With a name you can live... we're allowed outside 1249!!"
"Outside....what's it like?"
"Oh!! It's wonderful! The sky is blue during the day and then it turns black at night!! There are also so many people around!! One lady gave me some sushi once!"
"What's sushi?"
"Oh 1249!! It's amazing...please earn your name soon, if not for you then do it for me! I want you to live...!"
"Whilst killing others...?"
"They're all quirked...I only care for the people in this facility. You are my family. The Quirkless gotta stick together you know? Besides...why show mercy upon those who would never do the same for you? Quirked people...They're not nice."
"I know...They hurt."
"Alot..."

In the world of a child the adult has the power. And when the adults use that power to not help the child. The child starts to distrust the adult. This distrust however eventually turns to hatred as the child is left with nothing but hurt from the adults and in Delta...the only adults in the facility were quirked individuals. The children began to associate quirks with their pain...They started to hate quirks...and that was exactly what Delta wanted. If the children hated the individuals they killed, then they would perform at the best of their ability and there would be less emotion torment to deal with. Blizzard hated quirks...it was obvious to all of her peers and they all sympathized for her hatred. They stood behind her. They hated them with her. Delta wanted to use this hatered against the children, however...They had not expected them to band together against a common aggressor. Blizzard was a vailable asset. But she was also a dangerous one. Delta could not take any risks... especially with the unpredictability of the monsters that they had created... fear could only keep a creature in a corner for so long and eventually they would lash out in a brutal attack. Delta knew this, Blizzard's weakness was becoming her strength. She was breaking the code.

Koharu stood beside Blizzard as they waited in their line for instructions. The eight of them stood apt to attention eyes set infront of them, faces set to a firm frown. To Koharu's other side 1241 was beside her and 1242 beside him. The kids were silent as the Instructor paced before them.
"Today you will be fighting another quirked opponent. You are not to kill him though..."
The kids exchanged discreet glances. Before nodded ahead. The doors to left opened and they all turned their heads to watch the massive hulk of a being that walked in. One or two of the kids stepped back in shock and fear. Koharu's hands tightened around her wrists. Blizzard took a deep break. Even 1242 had tensed his eyes darting across the room. Resting on the Instructor. She just stood there disinterested.
"Section 123. This is your opponent. Netchū Hiro. Age: 27. Quirk: Lava body. That's all the information you'll be receiving today." she stepped back eying them all and their stances. Eyes resting on Blizzard as she got ready to lunge.
"Begin."

Koharu, Blizzard and 1242 ran forward all at once. Their selected weapons at the ready. 1242 raised his pistol shooting three times in quick succession aiming for the man's shoulder. The bullets touched his lava covered body before they melted. Steam rising from where they once were. He swore loudly and shifted away with a grunt. Blizzard took his place her throwing daggers gripped into her hands. She threw one at the man but it stuck embedded, melting and falling useless to the floor. She hissed eyes narrowed. Darting over him. Koharu dived forward from behind. Katanas swinging as she cut for the ankles. She breezed through them...but the lava just fell back in place...her katanas singed and her skin started to burn on her shoulders... She pulled a small face retreating away from their opponent. She glanced at the other children as they tried to lay a dent in the man. None of their attacks worked...He hadn't even moved. He was looking down on them! Koharu growled stepping forward but a hand on her shoulder stopped her. Blizzard was watching the man, her eyes taking in every detail.
"The lava...is his arms and legs...but look...I think flesh is under the lava on his torso and head..."
Koharu watched before nodding silently, green eyes narrowed. Blizzard stood up fully. Daggers gripped tightly in her hands. Blue eyes stared up at the creature dangerously. She huffed out a little.
"Trust them to out us up against someone with a quirk like that...it's like they don't even want us to win...but let's prove those bastards wrong, 1249." She glanced at her, smirking. Koharu watched her, a small smirk forming on her own face as she nodded. Positioning herself for another attack. Blizzard stood beside her. They exchanged another brieth glance before Koharu rushed forward. Feet light against the floor. She rushed at the man as he was distracted by 1241's and 1242's synchronised attacks. She leapt of the ground using 1242's shoulders for momentum. She shifted her body as she prepared herself she slash him across the face...if she was fast enough....- 

The wind was knocked out of her, her midriff started burning and her mouth fell open in a silent scream as she was swatted away by one of his huge hands. Her body hit the wall and she fell unceremoniously to ground. Her body was limp and her vision hazy as stomach burned with searing pain. She slowly tried to return to her senses sitting up and collapsing back down again. Hot tears rolled down her cheeks as she looked up from beneath her fringe. Blizzard was now facing the monster. Koharu watched her as she moved fast and dodged each and every one of his attack. She struggled to sit up. Crawling towards the battle...Her katanas clanging against the ground loudly. He was on the offensive now as he fought Blizzard, it was quite obvious that Koharu's attack earlier had scared him...She hissed her stomach...it hurt so so.much... She crawled forward. Green eyes bright and desperate. She clawed the ground and as she finally managed to get into her knees she heard a yell of horror.

Her eyes widened as a body flew past her, a whistling in her ears...her head turned slowly to watch the descent. A loud crash and a crunch before a brieth silence. Koharu watched mouth open in a slight gape as she watched the body lay still for a moment, lower part covered in lava and just like that the screaming started. Everything in Koharu shut down for a few agonising moments. Her eyes wide and her heart beating wildly in her chest.
"Blizzard?"

Laughter...faint at first through her ringing ears but as she slowly came to anger took over every fibre of her being. She turned back to the monster slowly. Green eyes dull and wide. She forgot about the pain in her stomach. She didn't care about the scorched materials that clung to her burned skin. She didn't care about how faint she was feeling. His laughter... her screams. Her screams... Koharu yelled loudly tears pouring down her cheeks as she lunged for the bastard. Her katanas were sharp and ready. She yelled as she approaches and his eyes narrowed on her. He bought his hands up but she dodged this attack, moving fast as she leapt up. Two katanas aiming down. With a loud yell she plunged them into his eyes. His hands grasped her waist and she hissed in pain as she felt the burning on her sides. He was trying to pull...Koharu withdrew the daggers and blood started pouring out. She yelled again. Using his grip on her to slash at his throat. The sword cut threw and unlike with the ankles the neck did not reattach itself. His hands dropped from her. And she fell to ground with a loud thud. 

She breathed heavily as she watched the man full to the floor...lava burning before slot becoming cold. She was hurting, she was in so much pain...but Blizzard had stopped screaming... Koharu turned quickly. Stumbling onto her feet she limped over to her peers who were surrounding Blizzard. They were silent as was she. She pushed forward before collapsing onto her knees before the girls....the lava was cold now...but her body...Koharu looked away. She couldn't look at it...She couldn't and the stench...it was strong.
"12-12...." her eyes fell onto her face...scrunched up in pain. Her blue eyes were dull lacking any of the light that Koharu had once adored. She opened her mouth but nothing came out. Blizzard however saw her and her expression relaxed slightly. Although the pain was still obviously getting to her. She bought up enough strength to smile.
"....look...look af-er th-m..." Koharu nodded tears pouring down her cheeks. As she clutching the dresses material on her knees. Blizzard breathed out a small sigh before she looked back at Koharu. She wanted to reach out and hold her but her arms were burnt to the crisp and she was finding it difficult to breathe.
"My-my na-e...Ha-na...." Koharu watched her a small whimper leaving her lips.
"Koharu..."  Hana smiled at her at her, a small relief she looked up a coughing fit. Koharu clutched onto her tightly eyes wide and terrified.
"Ne-er fo-t...."

"OI GET THE HEALER WE CAN STILL SAVE HER! INSTRUCTOR!? INSTRUCTOR!! THE HEALER!! PLEASE!?" 1242 yelled loudly standing up as Hana's breathing became shallow. The Instructor merely watched them all. Her eyes cold and unfeeling.
"The crew has been sent to retrieve the bodies. 1249...go see the healer." She turned and walked out. Koharu watched mouth open in a silent gape and 1242 was yelling after her. Screaming. Begging. The children were crying now...as the men in white rushed in.
"No you're not taking her!!!" 1242 screamed as he fought back at one of the men. 1241 tried to hold him back.
"No...don't..." he yelled eyes snapping to Koharu who was stating down at the ground in shock.
"1249!! Do something!! Fight them!! Kill them!! Don't let them take her!! 1249!!!"
Koharu watched him as 1241 tried to calm him down. She watched the men in white pick Hana's body up. Her breath hitched in her throat. Slowly she got onto her knees hand reaching out.
No...

A shot and she saw her whole world falling around her...Hana...Blizzard....1235....
No...
She was gone...
Gone.
Why?

Why?

Why!?

1249's world faded away around her as she watched the body of the one once loved get taken away.

Why?