Her Weakness Was Her Releif

1249 was silent as she kicked the dummy. Her eyes dead set infront of her as she performed the mundane task. Her fists punched and her legs kicked. Her body shifted, it moved. Fast and lethal but also on alto drive. Her knuckles were cut and bleeding but she continued to throw punches. Silent fury. Silent mourning. Ever since Hana had died 1249 had kept to herself, she didn't speak to any of the other kids in her Section and instead kept her eyes on training. She trained and trained. She pushed herself. Her chest hurting and her eyes stinging as she pushed herself to her limits. Her throat burned and no voice came out. Hana...
"Look after them....-"
She punched harder muscles rippling at the impact, her knuckles bled and droplets fell to the ground, she stood before the dummy head bowed and breathing heavy, her raven locks covering her face. She was hurting...hurting so much...Delta wasn't going to help her...why would they? She wasn't supposed to feel. It had been four months since Hana had been murdered. Since she herself had snapped for the first time.
"Look after them...-"
She kept on snapping since then. The facility hadn't been happy by her sudden violent outbursts towards them... 1249 had become accustomed to the room. She was used to them trying to break her and then fix her up again...She was used to...but no matter how hard they tried they could never stop the hurt. The anger. The grieth. 1249 had cared for Hana, the entire Section had. Without her there was a emptiness. A overhanging tension amongst the pre-teens. Once they had a smiling blue eyed white haired girl, who'd give them advice. Who'd stand by them. Who lead them and made them feel better when they were down. Hana was now dead however. Each and everyone of the remaining seven felt this loss and it ached. It hurt.
"Look after them...-"
1249 had learned to be selfish, throughout all her years within this facility she had learned she had to look out for herself and no one else. She had watched for years in wonderment as she watched her friend open up and help the others in their Section. She watched as she saved their lives day after day.

Wondering....why? How after everything they had been through, everything they had been taught...how had she been able to keep hold of the humanity the other children lacked. Hana had succeeded in making the children love her, they had adored her....but only her. None of the children really cared for the other. Hana was their ankor. 1249 didn't see the point in looking out for others... looking out for the others had kept her as part of their Section...looking out for them...had lead to her death. 1249... had made a promice. But she was unsure she would be able to follow through... how could she...She was a broken person and the facility wasn't going to fix her. They were going to use the broken material to create a being of their own design.

1249 was scared. She was terrified...just as she had been when she was still a little girl. This time she had no Hana to hold her hand and tell her it was okay. No, she didn't have Hana. 1249 was alone. She worked alone. She preferred to be alone. Hana's bright kind eyes and beaming smile would always haunt her, no matter how hard she tried to forget... no matter how hard they tried to make her forget... 1249 would never be able to move on. Her thoughts would always go back to the white haired girl. She's always relive those last moments she had shared with her...she'll always remember...
"Look after them...-"
She punched the dummy with all her strength. It rattled and shook before standing still. 1249 looked up at it through her hair, dull green eyes dark and dangerous. She stepped back. Back straight and head held high as the Instructor walked forward with a clipboard in hand. They looked between her and her handy work before signing something of and leaving the girl. She turned as though programmed and marched to join the other kids in their line. Standing beside 1237. They watched as 1241 went at the dummy. Eyes not leaving the boys figure, eying him like hungry predators. Scrutinizing his every move. He however continued to work. The Instructor deciding whether his performance was acceptable or not. The children stood silent, faces black and void of any emotion. Their ankor was gone. They were yet again the machines Delta had wanted to mold.

Nemesis. 1249 stared down at her given name, which was written in nest script. Her face remained neutral as she looked up at the Instructors. Nemesis. They had recognised her. She had earned her name. When she was 6 she had been longing for this moment but now, all she could feel was nothing. Not even a cold satisification. She knew she was good. Of course she did. Compared to her peers she was a god. The Instructors apparently recognised that. But still she was not filled with pride. She merely excepted the name and the duties that came with it.