Alpha Vs Delta

The warm fires Dabi provided were nothing compared to the firey passion Hana had once held in her eyes. Although both blue, Nemesis couldn't help but find Hana's eyes more alluring than the flames Dabi provided. The fires kept her warm, but only one let her feel safe. But that fire was never going to be lit again. A emptiness, a coldness took it's place. A constant yearn, never to be heeded to. Nemesis wanted to be free, just like a bird. But her past kept her in place. Her heartache kept her from becoming her best self. Her silence was deafening in the nights she shared with smug villain.

The city was bright, as it had been for the two weeks she had been there. But never once had she entered the lights. Afraid to have the light shone on her and for the people to see what she was. The dirty ripped dress, the bandages wrapped around her arms and legs and her unkempt hair would be sure to catch the attention of one of the people Dabi had called heroes.

Nemesis learned about Heroes whilst under Dabi's watch. He had told her all he knew about them and much like Dabi himself Nemesis had grown to despise the thought of them. They were quirked individuals, who protected people. But if they protected people then why weren't the quirkless protected? Where were their heroes? The Commission was also in charge of Hero Society and the Commission was what had been the sole cause for Nemesis's pain. Project Delta was a thing because of the Commission. Nemesis had watched the heroes with Dabi on those dark nights, watching as they arrogantly walked the streets with wide fake grins on their faces. It made her heart clench and her stomach churn. But it was Dabi who had the most extreme reactions. A blue flame would light up around his wrist whenever he saw one certain hero, a hero named Endeavour.

Nemesis didn't think much off him. She had no reason to. He was nothing, nor was he important for her mission. Dabi had told her about another project that the Commission was in charge of. It was called Project Alpha. The better version of Project Delta, the more powerful version. The subjects in this project were quirked and they masqueraded as heroes the public so loved. Nemesis was the weaker version of these subjects and it made that feeling return, it made her furious that their was someone better than her, someone more powerful. It made her helpless it made what the kids in Project Delta went through unnecessary. If the Commission already had Project Alpha why would they have Project Delta?

"To clean up behind the Alpha Subjects and to get places even they can't go..."  Nemesis watched Dabi her eyes narrowed, she looked down at the ground picking at her nails with a small frown on her face. The man looked back at her from across the fire he had made, sitting on the creaking bed that they had taken turns on the last fortnight. She frowned rolling her eyes to the heavens before leaning back against the wall. Even if that were the case.... there was still someone out there more capable than her. She could lose against them and the freedom she had fought so hard to obtain... would be taken away from her faster than she could blink. Dabi always had the information, he had plenty of dirt on the Commission, Nemesis was unsure on why he didn't use it, but she was also sure he had his own reasons. Dabi had proven himself to be smart and capable and Nemesis knew that doubting him or underestimating him could be her undoing. The two of them had grown to respect each other over the two weeks they had been hiding out together. Nemesis didn't feel the need to kill him anymore, instead planning to fade away into the night once she properly adapted to the world outside of the facility.

The man laid himself down on the mattress closing his eyes, hands behind his head.
"To think there are some heroes out there that go around assassinating people....and yet they claim they're better than us villains..." he huffed out a laugh, Nemesis nodded along looking out of the window brows furrowed at the pitch black sky above them, after she had escaped the facility and had met Dabi she had seen white shiny spots decorating the entire sky. But here in the city they were all gone, it was disappointing, they had been pretty. Dabi was right, however, heroes weren't supposed to kill, it was against the rules and the moral code of the public. The most they could do was apprehend. Heroes after all were just glorified flashy policemen. But the assassins pretending to be heroes were a problem for Nemesis, it meant that she had to be careful when she did eventually go out on her own. Who knew what hero was actually working for the Commission. She had to be cautious of course she had to. She glanced over to Dabi who had his eyes closed, her brows furrowed slightly. He was already asleep. He always did go to sleep quickly, it was slightly concerning, but Nemesis couldn't bring herself to care. Instead she sat in the dark room, eyes wide open as she listened in on the loud sounds of the city, her mouth closed and head tilted. Eventually growing bored, Nemesis stood up walking towards the window. She leaned against it closing her eyes and allowing the breeze to blow through her hair. She took a deep breath before coughing, shaking her head her face scrunched up in disgust. She huffed blowing a loose strand of hair out of her face. She folded her arms, before turning away from the window, walking towards her designated sleeping spot. She yawned, stretching before laying down. She curled into herself, staring blankly at the dark wall ahead of her as her eyes slowly succumbed to sleep. At least here, it was safe to sleep.

She awoke quickly, sitting up and her eyes wide as they darted around the area. Her hands slowly reaching towards the knife she had hidden beneath her pillow. She looked around again, slowly before her head snapped in the direction of the other rustle. Nemesis was a light sleeper, she had to be, otherwise she would of failed training. She slowly stood up and slowly walked towards the rustling sounds, which was by the window. She hesitated, ducking down and coming to the edge, once close enough she spotted a red feather as it struggled to escape from being trapped beneath the panel. Nemesis frowned, her whole body tensing as she looked around again. Recognizing immediately that the feather was a quirk. She had no clue what quirk, but it was a quirk none the less. She frowned as she tensed her muscles, getting a second dagger and hiding it in one of the bandages that was wrapped around her leg. She glanced at the sleeping Dabi a small frown on her face. She sniffed stepping forward, ready to wake him up.