Freezing Waters, Warming Fires

Her body heaved as water spurted out of her mouth, her lungs hurt and her throat screamed at her as she crouched double over her nails digging into the dirt below her. Her coughs continued violently and her body shook as she finally collapsed to the side, her head was hurting and she was exhausted. She glanced up at the world above her, eyes misty and it was hard for her to keep her eyes open, it hurt...it hurt so much. But despite this pain she scrunched her eyebrows together, refusing to give into the headache that begged her to close her eyes. Her green eyes flashed as she looked around at her surroundings. Her dress clung to her body soaked, and her hair was wet and she was cold. Very cold. Nemesis struggled to sit up, glaring at the ground and breathing heavily. As she glanced up at the figure before her. Blue eyes piercing in the night.

"You're awake," she stared at him as she slowly gathered herself and moved away from the individual, eyeing him warily. Her eyes narrowed as she fought of the last of the effects that the near-drowning had caused. Icy eyes followed her every movement as she shrunk away from him. In the dark his form was difficult to make out. He was merely a shadow in the night. A shadow that frightened her. She could feel the power radiating of off him, a ever present heat that caused her brow to sweat. The water's cold embrace was nothing compared to the presence that this man emanated. Nemesis was confused, she was cautious but she was not scared. She could take him, she could.... but she was exhausted and as far as she was concerned this person had saved her life. She was confused as to why however...why would someone with a quirk help her? A quirkless nobody, a weapon a unfeeling monster. She looked up at him cautiously as he grinned. The grin made her flinch back, he raised a brow and leaned forward slightly. The smirk still present on his face.

"You were having some difficulties with the Commission there...so I thought I would lend some assistance," his grin was feral but his words gave Nemesis some comfort, the Commission? He was probably referring to her captors. So was that what they were called? The Commission? Her eyes narrowed and she clenched her fists sitting up staring at the man, green and blue meeting with each other. The man tilted his head at her, not getting a response from her. She got onto her knees and studied him, tilting her head to the side. Wondering why would he help her? The head tilt seemed to be the giveaway as he shrugged his shoulders at her, his actions were casual, carefree even. He was in his element and Nemesis knew that compared to him... she was weak. She should attack, whether he helped her or not wasn't important, what was important was the fact that he was a quirked individual and those with quirks were dangerous and they always hurt her and her kin. She should kill him, right then and there. Prevent him from hurting her like those of the 'Commission' had done. But she was weak, she was frail and her senses were going into overdrive. She knew she wasn't in the right state of mind to fight this man, she knew she'd collapse before she could do anything, she was at his mercy and she hated that. She really truly did. This heat he gave off, this aura, Nemesis wasn't a fool and she refused to let her guard down. Eyeing him and clasping her arms, she remained stiff. Even as she shivered and her lips turned blue. His own eyes darted over her. Clean of any emotion.
"I myself have a grudge against the heroes, and it was interesting to see member of the Commission chasing after you like they were. So what did you do kid? Or are you another one of their failed experiments." Nemesis looked up at him eyes wide, stiff and gulped before shaking her head. A failed experiment? She had been one of their most successful...but now...yes...he was right. She was a failed experiment she had ran. She had attacked her captors she had escaped and she was never going to go back. A failure...something she had always been...a failure...She had failed to save her friend. She had failed to be what her parents desired. She had failed to be the type of human that was worshiped, she had failed at getting a quirk. All of her failures had lead her to this moment. To where she was now. Staring up at this stranger with cold unfeeling blue eyes, a person with a powerful quirk that set her on edge. She was at his mercy and she didn't like it. She had always been the strongest, she had beaten her opponents and she had avenged the other children of the project. But she also knew she was no longer a Experiment, she was no longer part of the project and this person...he was not like the quirked people she had fought before. No. He was even more unhinged and his expression...it reminded her of her own. The same cold eyes that they both seemed to share. The bandages wrapped around her wounds and scars whilst his were on show. A darker color compared to the rest of his skin. He bought his hand up, cupped towards the air. Nemesis jerked backwards, eyes slitting and teeth grinding against each other anticipating the worst. But a blue flame lit up around his hand and she watched as the tendrils licked and fought each other. Even with the hand nowhere near her face, Nemesis could feel the heat coming of off it.