28

btw terrence is still alive in this au

-----

Elaine cowers under the two god-tiers' glares. She's angry at them, for sure, but obviously, she can't show it. Ugh, John! This is all your fault!

"I-I d-don't!" she squeaks, looking at the ground to avoid mostly Arlo's face. 

When did they become best friends?! I'm screwed...

"Elaine, I don't know why you're still-" Arlo closes his eyes and pinches the bridge of his nose. "Listen. If you've got something against John, we're all over that now."

"I'm going to need to know what you put in that "orange juice" of yours." Seraphina states. 

"..." Elaine bites her lip before looking up, still not very ready to meet the others' faces. "T-The usual ingredients..."

Better not mention that I poisoned it...

"YOU PUT PAINT IN IT?! Elaine, paint isn't edible. Nor are most of your...ingredients."

"I-I know...." Elaine replies with an ashamed tone. However, under the shame, she hides a smile. 

If I get rid of John, they go back to normal, right? And it also eliminates one of his love interests.

"Were you trying to kill him or-" RING!

Elaine sighs in relief as a phone call cuts Seraphina off. She watches as Seraphina and Arlo pick up the phone call before her own phone buzzes. 

-----

HELL

11:20 AM

Remi has started a video call!

RATatouille is now online

Bike is now online

Evie is now online

RATatouille has joined the video call!

Bike has joined the video call!

Evie has joined the video call!

Arlo has joined the video call!

Sera has joined the video call!

"Hi, so, um, he woke up." Evie says quickly. 

"Don't tell me you've ACTUALLY killed Elaine..." Remi gasps in horror as she notices a bit of Elaine's hair sticking out of the corner of Seraphina's camera. 

"Unfortunately not." Arlo shrugs. "What happened?"

"John woke up!" Remi says, semi-happily. 

"Is he alive??" Isen asks.

"Dude, if someone is awake, then they're obviously alive..." Blyke facepalms. 

"Yeah, I'm gonna need you guys to come over here." Remi requests quickly, sparing John a glance. 

Remi has ended the video call!

-----

Seraphina turns towards the stairs going down. "Let's go, then."

Elaine follows reluctantly. 

-----

When they arrive to the infirmary, John seems less than fine. 

"I'm fine."

...

Bruh.

"No, you're not. Drink this, and this, and this, and this-" Arlo sets a water bottle and a sports drink next to the infirmary bed.