𝟗| 𝐚 𝐦𝐢𝐬𝐬𝐢𝐨𝐧

CHAPTER NINE:

A MISSION

Y/N ROMANOFF FOUND herself seated in a table, taking small sips of her cup of coffee as she glances around

Y/N ROMANOFF FOUND herself seated in a table, taking small sips of her cup of coffee as she glances around. A couple feet away from her, Pietro and Wanda Maximoff sat in two other different tables as they did the same thing.

"Alright, what do you see?" Steve Rogers voice coms in through the coms.

"Standard beat cops. Small station. Quiet street. It's a good target." Wanda observes.

"There's an ATM on the south corner, which means?" Steve begins.

"Cameras." Pietro concludes.

"Both cross streets are one-way." Steve states.

"So, compromised escape routes." Y/n replies.

"Means our guy doesn't care about being seen. He isn't afraid to make a mess on the way out. You see that Range Rover halfway up the block?" Steve questions.

"Yeah, the red one? It's cute." Wanda observes.

"It's also bulletproof, which means private security, which means more guns, which means more headaches for somebody. Probably us." The voice of Natasha Romanoff intervenes.

"You guys know I can move things with my mind, right?" Wanda states.

"How could we forget?" Pietro murmurs in reply.

"Looking over your shoulder needs to become second nature." Natasha tells her.

"Anybody ever tell you you're a little paranoid?" Sam Wilson questions.

"Not to my face. Why? Did you hear something?" Natasha asks back.

"Eyes on target, folks." Steve reminds. "This is the best lead we've had on Rumlow in six months. I don't want to lose him."

Sam lets out a scoff. "If he sees us coming, that won't be a problem. He kind of hates us."

"Sam..." Steve begins, trailing off. "...see that garbage truck? Tag it."

Sam does as told as Redwing flies from his suit, the man proceeding to lead the drone towards the garbage truck the blonde was talking about. Redwing flies under the truck without being noticed.

"Give me X-ray." Sam instructs, looking through Redwing's camera. "That truck's loaded for max weight. And the driver's armed."

"It's a battering ram." Natasha speaks up.

"Go now." Steve demands.

"What?" Pietro asks.

"He's not hitting the police." Steve informs.

Y/n, Wanda, and Pietro all share a look before they run off together in the same direction. The girls found themselves back to back as Wanda's hands glow red and Y/n pushes many men against the wall with the air before fire emits from her hands, throwing it towards the men.

As they do that, Pietro speeds around them, punching and kicking at the men, even dodging the bullets being shot his way. As he goes through another pair of men, Y/n throws water at them, throwing them against the wall and the ground. Pietro stops beside his girlfriend, smiling fondly at her.

"Body armor, AR-15s. I make seven hostiles." Steve speaks up.

"I make five." Sam then replies.

The three best friends all share a nod and a look before running off, Pietro being ahead of his girlfriend and sister as he speeds through the men below the bridge Sam stood on. Using air, Y/n flies up and over the man, Wanda's hands glowing red as she does the same. The best friends land on the ground, causing a man to shoot at them.

Wanda was quick to protect her and Y/n by making a shield like forcefield with her powers, covering both of them before the red aura wraps around the man. Y/n continues to throw fire towards the men around them as she was back to back with Wanda.

"Sam." Wanda eventually calls, using her powers to throw the man towards the Falcon.

Sam jumps off the bridge he stood on, the wings of his suit coming out as he flies down, knocking the man unconscious to the ground just as Pietro stops beside them, slightly out of breath.

"Four." Sam corrects himself.

The man comes walking over to the three best friends, Redwing flying above them as it scans the building in front of it, Sam looking through the camera of the drone.

"Rumlow's on the third floor." Sam informs, glancing at Steve, who runs over to them.

"Wanda, Y/n, just like we practiced." Steve reminds.

"What about the gas?" Y/n asks.

"Get it out." Steve demands.

The blonde runs forward, jumping off a vehicle as Wanda's hands glow red and Y/n uses the air, both girls getting their teammate into the building on the third floor. Once he was in, Y/n proceeds to use the air, sucking the gas out of the building while Pietro, Wanda, and Sam cover her from behind.

Using the air, a small, mini like tornado forms in front of Y/n as she uses her powers. Sam continues shooting at the men, Wanda using her powers to take them out. As they do that, Pietro speeds through the men, knocking them all out before stopping beside his sister, both her and Sam looking at him.

Pietro shrugs. "You guys were taking too slow."

"Rumlow has a biological weapon." Steve informs.

"I'm on it." Natasha reassures.

After finishing her job of taking the gas out of the building, Y/n turns around, helping the three behind her take out more of Rumlow's men, who had showed up while she was doing her job. Fire emits from her hands as she throws it at them.

"Sam. He's in an AFV heading north." Steve speaks up.

Sam gives a quick nod to the three before flying off and towards the town. The three best friends continue to fight against Rumlow's men, Pietro speeding through, knocking them out as the girls use their powers. Using the air again, Y/n throws the men against the wall and the ground, Wanda's hands glowing red as she does the same.

Eventually, they finish off where they head to the small little farmer's market where the rest of their team was at. Pietro places his sister and girlfriend down, their gazes landing on Steve, who stood in front of a crouched and out of breath Rumlow.

Suddenly, just as Rumlow turns off a bomb in his hand, Wanda's hands glow red as she stops him from doing so, lifting him up in the air. Steve glances at her, eyes slightly wide. All of them watch as Wanda's hands stop glowing while Rumlow flies into a building, the bomb going off inside.

Pietro and Y/n's eyes widen while they crouch beside their best friend and sister, exchanging shocked look. Pietro softly rubs his sister's back, all of them looking at the burnt up and damaged building in front of them.

"Sam... we need Fire and Rescue on the south side of the building." Steve instructs, beginning to head towards the building. "We gotta get up there."