𝟏𝟓| 𝐛𝐚𝐜𝐤 𝐢𝐧 𝐛𝐮𝐝𝐚𝐩𝐞𝐬𝐭

CHAPTER FIFTEEN:

BACK IN BUDAPEST

THE SUN WAS up and shining down on the civilians in Budapest

THE SUN WAS up and shining down on the civilians in Budapest. The trains were full of people, the birds chirping high up in the air. Like almost every city in the world, the streets were full of citizens as they pushed past one another whenever it was too crowded, their shoulders brushing against other people's shoulders every so often.

The honks were loud as people were either trying to get home to their families or get to work before they were late. Birds, most pigeons than other ones, could be seen moving their flat, sticky feet along the concrete ground while others moved their wings to fly high up in the air and away from the people whenever the humans walked close to them to get by the animals, their chirps echoing through their eardrums.

After getting off the train and walking through the streets, Y/n followed her mother through a gate and in a more quieter place than where they were at earlier. Natasha had explained who that blonde girl was on the old picture she had gotten and that they were on their way to see her now.

Y/n could see her mother glancing around the place she hadn't been in since her mission with the famous archer in the Avengers, Clint Barton. After getting off the elevator, Y/n stopped when the redhead kneeled down in front of some small doors, reaching in and her hand coming back out with a pistol. After she loaded it, they stopped in front of a door where Natasha began secretly trying to unlock it.

"I know you're out there." A voice calls in from inside, making the redhead freeze.

"I know you know I'm out here." Natasha mumbles in reply, grabbing the gun in her pocket as she looks to her daughter. "Stay out here. I'll let you know when to come in."

Wanting to protest in response but knowing it'd be best, the girl nods as she watches her adoptive mother head inside the apartment, closing the door behind her. For about a minute or so, at least two, Y/n found herself leaning against the wall, playing with a pocket knife she always kept after Natasha had given it to her when she took her in after saving her at a HYDRA base.

Suddenly, the sound of muffled screaming and glass breaking caught the girl's attention, causing her head to snap to the door, e/c eyes widening, knowing her mother was in there. Contemplating to herself, knowing her mother could handle herself but still could use the help, she eventually found herself turning the handle, slamming the door behind her which no doubt caught their attention.

Rushing in the direction of the loud fighting, she stops at the doorway of the small kitchen area just in time to see the blonde girl her mother had told her about on the way to Budapest.

The dark eyes of Yelena Belova snapped up when she saw movement in the corner of her eye, meeting Y/n's e/c gaze. She watched as the girl glanced between her and her mother, who laid on the floor, right on her back. The next thing she knew, the blonde was being thrown up and being slammed against the wall before she fell back down, but no one had touched her.