𝟏𝟒| 𝐚𝐭𝐭𝐚𝐜𝐤𝐞𝐝 𝐨𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐛𝐫𝐢𝐝𝐠𝐞

CHAPTER FOURTEEN:

ATTACKED ON THE BRIDGE

THE LIGHTS INSIDE the trailer were on, giving the Romanoffs light as it was getting darker and darker outside

THE LIGHTS INSIDE the trailer were on, giving the Romanoffs light as it was getting darker and darker outside. The sound of unfamiliar voices could be heard from inside the trailer as a movie could be seen playing on a laptop right in front of the oldest Romanoff.

Some of the windows were peaked open for fresh air, and if the two women inside listened closely, they'd hear the chirps of crickets all around the tall grass around the trailer they were staying in and would be hiding out in for the next couple weeks at least. The youngest Romanoff could be seen in the kitchen area, digging through the cupboards in search of some food to eat, hearing her own stomach growl.

The sound of Natasha's voice could be heard as the redhead quoted something from the movie she was watching just as a loud whirring sound was heard, followed by all the lights turning off, showing the generator that was giving them light had shut off.

Y/n stood up from her crouched position, snapping her fingers, to which a small flame emits from her fingers while glancing around as Natasha stood up and walked out of the trailer, heading to the side where the generator was. After a couple seconds and hearing the sound of a car door slam shut, Y/n steps outside, sock covered feet touching the steps as she curiously looked at her adoptive mother.

"What's going on?" Y/n asks.

Natasha sighs. "Generator's dead. I'm gonna go get some gas back in town. You wanna come?"

Shrugging in response while letting out a small 'sure', the girl heads back inside to put some shoes on, tying the shoelaces of her sneakers before grabbing a jacket, placing it over the hoodie she was wearing.

Natasha had done the same thing before the mother and daughter were hopping inside the car, the engine turning on as the redhead drives off and towards the town in Norway. The radio was quiet as it played music, filling the silence between the two women as Y/n stared out the window while the night sky was getting darker and darker each second that went by.

Just as they turned to go on a bridge, the next thing they knew, the car was being flipped over by the impact of an explosion before the car came to a stop, the front of the vehicle being off the the bridge as it dangled to the side and over the rough waters below. Fluttering her eyes open, Natasha lets out a slight groan as she lifted her head up.

Looking around, her eyes widen on her unconscious daughter before looking out the window, seeing a mysterious person in a suit slowly making their way towards the vehicle her and Y/n were in. The said girl's eyes were fluttering open, a grunt of pain escaping the youngest Romanoff as she wipes the bit of blood from her nose.

Suddenly, the sound of her mother letting out a slight grunt caught her attention, making her look over to see the redhead had taken off her seatbelt, causing her to fall forward a bit. When the redhead noticed she was awake and instructed her to do the same.