6

Qua looked at Lka's face, full of fear, She jumped into action, Tackling Nimona to the ground.

"Get off!" Nimona yelled, turning into a lizard and turning back into human after she was free.

"Oh my Mtera! You're one of us- I mean- Well you're an earth person not a fire but uh-" Qua was stuttering and apologising quickly.

"Yeah. Now I want answers. What do you mean 'one of us'? Is there more like us? More shape-shifters?" Nimona asked, stopping herself from hugging the two fellow shape-shifters.

"Yes of course! Did you not know? Is that why you are here with the.. The.." Lka looked at Qua as if asking permission. 

"Humans. She means humans." Qua sighed. 

"Why did you not talk about them? They're humans.. Yeah.. Like us, Right?" Nimona asked, Lka laughed. 

"No! Mother Erahkiao put us here as a gift to the earth! The humans were put here for no reason but to kill the innocent and curse the children of the land!" Lka growled, Qua sighed. 

"I apologise. She is very anxious about the- You know what." Qua said, Nimona stopped her. 

"Wait.. So we are gifts and Humans are not? How do you know?" Nimona asked, "And what's with this 'Mtera' and 'Erahkiao'?" 

"They are the gods of the realms, Our rulers, Our creators. I'll assume since you did not know of our people." Lka told her, Nimona nodded and imprinted this information in her head. 

"Yes, Speaking of which, Lka, We have to get home soon. The ioke for Gfiad." Qua told her, Lka nodded. 

"Yes, Now how are we supposed to get home? We can't teleport yet." Lka asked her, Qua sank into herself. 

"You can stay with me and the boss if you want? He won't mind." Nimona told them, Lka hummed in acceptance. 

"Can we trust him? Humans haven't been kind to us in the past.." Qua sighed. 

"What do you mean?" Nimona asked, praying silently that the things that had happened to her, didn't happen to the rest of her species. 

"They would imprison us. Kill us. Put us on display for nothing but their own entertainment! Our leader, Getero says so himself!" Qua told Nimona. 

"Humans aren't like that. Ballister isn't like that. He saved me!" Nimona growled, getting defensive about her best friend. 

"Maybe." Qua muttered. 

"Can you take us to Ballister? I'd like to meet a real human. We've only ever seen them in drawings and stories." Lka asked, Nimona inhaled and exhaled, calming herself down. 

"Yea. I can. But you can't attack him, in any way, shape or form!" Nimona told the two girls, They nodded, Qua more reluctantly. "Follow me." 

Nimona moved out of the open door, walking into the forest, the two girls walking after her. 

It took about fifteen minutes before they reached the apartment of Ballister Boldheart, Nimona knocked on the door, it immediately opened. 

"N-Nimona! You scared the-" Ballister looked at the three girls. "Who are they?" 

"Qua and Lka." Nimona smiled. "You wanna see something cool?" 

Ballister nodded hesitantly. 

Nimona took the two inside, Qua nodded to Lka, Lka turned into a wolf, Qua turned into a fox. 

Ballister's jaw dropped. 

"HOLY SHI-"