A Reflection: Seven Years On

So, it's been a while since I posted on this website. I've experienced a lot, grown a lot and learned a lot. For the first time since I finished this story, I felt that urge, that inspiration to write. As a result, I decided to re read the only story I've finished. I honestly hadn't realised that my little past-time had become as popular as it had. Nearly 200k views is more than I ever expected to achieve, and for that I thank you all.

As I was reading, I made sure to open every comment and honestly, they made me smile so much. People saying how emotional this story made them feel, how they loved my writing style and an attempt to understand these characters made me feel so warm inside. For a long while I had forgotten why I wrote. Whenever I tried to get back on the keyboard it felt so forced. Now, I realise it wasn't just for me, but for whomever stumbled upon my work and to make them smile like I smile when I connect to another's story.

Now, I wanted to mention things I read my own story from a readers POV. Some of these things were also mentioned by a few of the comments and I appreciate the honest feedback.

1. Some things in the whole timeline just didn't make a whole heap of sense. I can see that I kept changing my mind as the story progressed and those ideas got jumbled and confused. Things like Annabel's age, what happened with her past, her connection to characters (Farlan liking her or being a brother figure) etc. I can tell you that I am not particularly happy with that because I wanted the really wanted the reader's to kind of build their own ideas and then have them compare that to what the "sequel" revealed.

2. Just general grammatical errors. Apparently I had not learned which way to spell practice in this context and it urked me each time I read it.

3. I forced in events that didn't need to happen or didn't make complete sense. Like when Annabel was doing her first job and ended up at the guys house, it didn't make sense that she wasn't at all armed and didn't put up any fight, or that they went to the house before collecting her. It's something I'd like to completely rewrite and plan out.

4. Sudden changes in character to cause drama. That fight when Annabel randomly blames Levi for Farlan and Isabel was meant to be me showing her trying to deflect her own guilt but I don't believe it came across as such. Consistency is really important to me.

5. Why did I pick the name Beckie I really dislike that choice now. I would chance Annabel's name too but people made ship names so that will remain. I also just completely ignored why Levi chose that name. It was going to be a whole other chapter explaining something he had experienced as a younger teen.

5. I really wish I had continued the story further. I ended it right before exams so that I had no temptations to go to the story instead of study.

Overall, I still love my story. I put hours of love and effort into this and I am so glad so many of you love it to. So, I hope it will make you happy that I plan to do an entire revamp, including another chapter or two. I know some people read my story many moons ago, but I do hope that they get to see how this story and myself as an author. @NiNjaElf your many comments throughout the story did not go unnoticed and I hope many people like you who read this back in 2016 get to see how this story evolves. 

Thank you for your love and support. I love you all for make this little story of mine into so much more <3

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Kumori x

 P.S: In Australia, the date goes day, month, year so all of you guys saying my dating was weird it was you that was weird to me :P