I made a mistake by taking your life

Suddenly, a firm grip wrapped around my waist, and I felt a reassuring warmth and the sensation of warm breath on my hand. Startled, I opened my tear-filled eyes to see who had come to my rescue. It was him. I gazed into his eyes, though my vision was blurred by the remnants of my tears. 

 Relieved to be saved from the edge of the wall, I released myself from his grasp and glanced around, only to realize that the children had vanished. They were nowhere to be seen. I opened my mouth to share this revelation with him, but he interrupted me, saying, "I know."

 Confused and still shaken by the recent events, I wiped away my tears and mustered the strength to question him. "What do you mean, you know? Have you been following me?" I asked, a hint of frustration lacing my voice. The emotional toll of the situation had left my voice strained from the previous screams and cries. He smiled, though his response only added to my growing confusion. 

"Yes, I have been following you," he admitted. I couldn't help but feel a mixture of anger and hurt. Was I just a source of amusement to him?

 "You knew I was in trouble, and yet you didn't come when I called for help," I said, my voice wavering. The combination of fear and betrayal had taken its toll, leaving me raw and vulnerable. 

​"You promised to help me, yet you stood by and watched me suffer," I uttered, my voice laced with disappointment and hurt. However, instead of remorse or reassurance, his expression shifted, and he approached me with purpose.

 His smile faded as he drew closer, and he spoke with a somber tone, "I never promised to help you. I only said I would explain." His words sent a chill down my spine, and I couldn't tear my gaze away from him. As he closed the distance between us, invading my personal space, I felt a sense of unease washing over me. His next words only heightened my apprehension. 

"I am the one responsible for taking lives, not saving them," he confessed, his voice filled with a haunting certainty. "You mustn't forget that." Confusion and disbelief swirled within me, leaving me at a loss for words. I simply stared at him, grappling with the weight of his revelation. He seemed to revel in my disorientation, drawing satisfaction from the power he held over my fate.

 "I made a mistake by taking your life," he continued, his words filled with a sinister undertone. "It was meant to be someone else. It's fate, and I should not tamper with it. So, I brought you back to life. However, entering the afterlife has consequences. You are now bound to see and experience things beyond the realm of the living. It cannot be undone. You must live with it until your final day," he concluded, his smile twisted with wickedness. I was left speechless, grappling with the disturbing reality that unfolded before me. 

The understanding that my existence was forever altered and that I would be haunted by supernatural occurrences until my ultimate demise filled me with an overwhelming sense of despair. ​Frustration and anguish welled up within me, and I couldn't contain my outburst. 

"If it can't be fixed, then I don't want a life like this! I'd rather be dead than live in constant torment, haunted by ghosts," I shouted at him, my voice filled with desperation and defiance. But before my words could fully escape my lips, he swiftly intervened, stopping me from shouting further. 

His presence alone seemed to exert a force that commanded attention. With an air of authority, he spoke sternly, "Now we come to the most crucial part. You must understand that you cannot try to end your own life. You are bound to live until your designated end day. If you dare to defy this fate and attempt to take your own life, I assure you, I will make your existence even more miserable."

 His words pierced through my anger, leaving me paralyzed with a mix of fear and confusion. The gravity of the situation became apparent—there was no escape, no reprieve from this newfound reality. To take my own life would only invite further suffering, orchestrated by this enigmatic figure who seemed to hold dominion over my fate. I stood there, shaken and overwhelmed, realizing that I was now trapped in a life that I no longer desired, with no choice but to endure until my predetermined end. Defiance surged within me as I refused to let him control my life.