Are you following me?

As the clock struck 10:00 p.m., I realized I had spent the entire day confined within the walls of my home, unable to venture outside. The burning questions within me begged for answers. How had he managed to come to my house in that terrifying guise? Seeking solace, I picked up my phone and made my way to the balcony, hoping the night view would bring some clarity. The moon shone brightly, casting an ethereal glow.

 However, I found myself at a loss as to how I could contact him. He didn't possess a phone, and it dawned on me that I didn't even know his name. I resolved to inquire about it the next time I encountered him.

"What is it that you wish to ask?" I heard his voice emanating from behind me. Startled, I swiftly turned around, but he was nowhere to be seen. Perplexed, I redirected my attention towards the night view, only to jerk in surprise as he stood directly in front of me.

Taking a step back, I exclaimed, "Whoa! I've had enough of these frightening encounters," frowning in exasperation. 

"Sorry! You want to ask me something?" Did he just apologize? The moon was about to collide with the Earth, yet I reminded myself not to overreact to these trivialities in his presence. 

 "How did you arrive at precisely the right moment?" I inquired, genuinely curious. 

 "I heard you," he responded simply. 

 "What? I didn't call out to you," I exclaimed in confusion. 

 "I heard your thoughts," he clarified with a smile. 

"What? Have you been able to hear my thoughts all along?" I asked, taken aback.

 "Yes," he confirmed, his smile unwavering. 

"Then please, enlighten me about all the questions that have been tormenting my mind," I pleaded. 

 He took a moment to gather his thoughts before responding, "That repulsive figure you encountered is known as a Pishacha. They are far more dangerous than the ordinary spirits you may have encountered. Pishachas have the ability to consume the flesh of living beings that are capable of perceiving them. That is precisely why I came here, and yes, animals and birds can indeed see them as well." 

"You heard everything. Did you kill it? Will they come again? You said they can eat flesh. Are you really telling the truth or trying to scare me?" I asked, suddenly starting to breathe faster.

"I killed it. I always kill pishachas. They are not supposed to walk on earth, and I never lie," he said, giving his usual smile. He was serious. 

 "What if another pishacha comes? How can I kill it?" I asked. 

 "You can't. You must possess energy like me to destroy it. Pishachas are rarely seen. They are nothing but souls of evil humans. After death, they forget their humanity and become like animals whose hunger never fades," he explained. If I continue to breathe like this, I will surely experience hyperventilation. I always believed that ghosts could only frighten me and not harm me. However, he claimed that they could actually consume me. 

 "Keep this in your house. They cannot enter spaces where it is present. With it, you can sleep peacefully," he said, handing me the stone. It was a blue stone, just like the ordinary ones I have seen in rings before. 

"Will it only prevent pishachas? Give me something that can ward off all types of ghosts, including you," I said. 

 He laughed and responded, "I'm not a ghost. This stone will protect you from all types of ghosts except me."

 It was the first time I had seen him laugh, and it was an intriguing, exotic sound. How could someone be so flawless? Perhaps this was not his true self; maybe he was concealing his real appearance. "This is my true self," he smiled, reassuring me.