Do not break our connection

As the elevator came to a halt and the doors opened, he took the lead and I followed closely behind. The corridor was lined with work cabins, each occupied by individuals engrossed in their computer tasks. We made our way towards the end of the hall, passing by the busy employees. Finally, we arrived at a door, a combination of half plywood and upper half glass panels. He graciously opened the door for me, and I entered the room, with him following suit. 

The room was well-lit, with bright overhead lights illuminating the pristine white marble floor. A large, imposing wooden table took center stage, and seated behind it was Chitra Gupta himself. Chitra Gupta exuded an air of professionalism, clad in a crisp white formal shirt neatly tucked into his dark blue formal pants. He occupied his office chair with authority, ready to engage in business discussions. 

"She is seeking employment here," he stated, introducing my purpose to Chitra Gupta. 

 "Welcome, please take a seat," Chitra Gupta warmly greeted us. Positioned on the other side of the table were two chairs. I chose the one on the left while he settled into the one on the right.

 Chitra Gupta requested, "May I have a look at your resume?" I responded with a nod and handed him my file. 

"Your file indicates that you have completed an MCA degree, which is quite impressive for a typical data entry clerk position. However, I notice that there is no mention of any experience in Database Management," Chitra Gupta pointed out. 

 "I am familiar with the principles of database management, but I haven't had direct experience in the field," I replied.

 Karthick chimed in, offering his support, "She is a fast learner, you can teach her."

"Dev, keep quiet. It's your mess that has landed me in this situation. If our superiors find out about this, I dread to think what consequences we'll face," Chitra Gupta reprimanded. 

 Now I wondered, was Dev his real name or was it Karthik? Who was their superior? I decided to seek clarification and asked, "Who is your superior?" 

Chitragupta asked, "There are many superiors. Which one are you asking about?"

 I inquired, "I simply don't know how your system works. Could you please explain? Does he have any other name besides Karthick or Dev? Is he a ghost or a human? And what brings you here to Earth?" 

"You are probably familiar with Hindu Gods, and those deities were indeed real, which is how our system operates. His name is Prithiveera Guna Devan, and he was assigned this job based on his karma. As for me, I am here on Earth to carry out my work. This company specializes in digitizing people's karmas, which greatly aids me in maintaining records. Your role will involve managing this database system, and one of my employees will guide you in doing so. What other questions do you have?" he asked. The abundance of details overwhelmed me, and my brain struggled to keep up. Why would someone have such a lengthy name like Prithiveera Guna Devan? Personally, I would prefer calling him Dev.

"What am I doing here with you? How can you share your secrets with a mere human being like me? How did I gain the ability to see the things you see?" I inquired.

 "Hasn't he informed you about anything?" Chitragupta asked. 

"He informed me that I was dead, but it wasn't my destiny; it was simply his mistake. So, he resurrected me, and these are the side effects I am experiencing. That's what he told me," I replied. 

 "That's the truth," Chitragupta confirmed. 

I continued, "Is there any other way to resolve this situation and return to living a normal life?"