You've left me with no choice

"You need to stop now," Dev asserted firmly. 

 "It's not me you should be stopping, but them. They killed that innocent girl and left her body here," I pointed out, my voice filled with anger and sadness as I gestured toward her lifeless form. The dark smoke dissipated, revealing the true horror of the scene. Dev turned his gaze towards her body, a flicker of remorse crossing his face.

"You have no right to seek vengeance for her," Dev stated. 

"But they're going to continue killing more children," I pleaded. 

"Their fate has already been sealed," he replied, his tone unwavering. 

"Just like that? You're willing to let them carry on? You should be the one to save them," I insisted, my eyes locked with his.

"No," he shook his head resolutely. 

"Then I will," I declared, my glare unyielding.

"I won't let you do that. You mustn't alter fate," he said firmly, grabbing hold of my right hand as I tried to walk past him. I turned back, my eyes filled with determination. 

"Let go of me," I demanded, my voice unwavering. But he refused to release his grip, his eyes growing more serious by the moment. I pulled my hand forcefully, attempting to break free from his grasp. He stumbled a step forward, narrowly avoiding falling onto me. In that moment, our auras brushed against each other, and I could feel a strange connection between us. 

"Don't do this, Sara," he pleaded softly, his warm breath caressing my face. His left hand held onto my right, while his right hand gently rested on my left cheek. He tenderly wiped away the tears that stained my cheek, his touch providing a sense of comfort amidst the chaos. 

"Come with me," he urged, his voice filled with sincerity and concern. But her voice echoed within my mind, warning me not to be deceived. 

"Don't fall for him," she cautioned, reminding me of the possible ulterior motives behind his actions. Doubt filled my mind as I gazed into his eyes, which held an undeniable allure that made me question my own desires and the consequences that lay ahead. Uncertainty overwhelmed me as I pondered the weight of my choices, questioning whether what I had just done was right or wrong. 

"Let me save the kids," I insisted, my voice filled with determination. 

 But he responded callously, saying, "No, they should meet this fate. It is their destiny." His words struck me, and I couldn't comprehend how he could be so indifferent.

 I confronted him, my voice trembling with disbelief, "How can you say such a thing? They are innocent children. They don't deserve this, and you of all people should know that!" 

A sudden realization flooded my mind, and I spoke with a mix of anger and sorrow, "I remember now... You're the one who takes lives without remorse. How can you possibly understand what I feel? You're nothing more than a heartless entity. Don't you dare come near me." 

My glare intensified, accompanied by a hoarse voice and tears streaming down my face. A lump formed in my throat, making it difficult to speak. The conflicting emotions of anger and sadness overwhelmed me, causing me both pain and confusion. In that moment, his eyes darkened, devoid of any humanity. 

"Yes, I may be a heartless being, Sara. It was my mistake that led you to this point. But now, it is my duty to make things right, and I will fulfill that duty," he asserted each word with unwavering conviction.