It's a trap

It was already 8:30 p.m., and the thought of leaving without my parents' knowledge troubled me. As I gazed at my reflection in the mirror, I voiced my concern, "How can I venture outside without my parents realizing? They would never permit me to go out this late."

 She suggested, "Gather your energy and try hypnotizing them."

 I reacted with skepticism, saying, "Hypnotize? You must be joking. I can barely control myself. How am I supposed to gather my energy?" My brow furrowed in confusion. 

"If you pass through this mirror, you enter the reflection world while your energy remains on the other side in the real world. You must find a way to merge the two in either world, and then you can harness your energy," she explained. 

Curiosity piqued, I inquired, "How do you possess this knowledge?"

 She responded, "I had experienced it once before, just yesterday." I took a deep breath, gathering my resolve. With a mix of anticipation and uncertainty, I reached out to grab my reflection's hand. 

However, my hand passed through it while my reflection's hand extended outward. It seemed that I couldn't physically touch my own reflection. I placed my hands upon the mirror's surface, and to my surprise, my reflection's hand mimicked my movements. Focusing my thoughts, I visualized myself as a solid entity, enabling me to make contact. I tightly grasped its dark hand, feeling the chilling sensation that emanated from it. 

As I pulled its hand towards me, it passed through my own, and in that moment, I sensed a profound change. A surge of something indescribable filled me, overwhelming my senses. It was as if I had finally become whole, experiencing a sense of completeness that I had longed for. Breathing came effortlessly, devoid of any struggle. Everything seemed to flow with ease. 

Curiosity led me to check the mirror to catch a glimpse of my altered appearance, only to find no reflection staring back at me. I inspected my hands, noticing a darkness lingering on my palm, with dark smoke gently wisping from it. Attempting to touch it with my other hand, I felt nothing but the touch of my own hand. Perhaps it was merely an illusion, a trick of the mind.

"Why is there no reflection in the mirror?" I questioned. 

Suddenly, I heard her voice resonating in my mind, "Your energy is no longer within the reflection. It now resides within you." J

ust then, my mother entered the room and her eyes widened in shock as she laid eyes on me. Confused, I inquired, "What's wrong? What happened?" 

"Your eyes... what happened?" My mother's eyes widened in astonishment as she noticed the change. I was equally taken aback that she could perceive my true form. Panic surged within me, and in that moment, I impulsively exclaimed, "Forget this!" 

As I spoke, both of my palms faced her, and she froze once more. The dark smoke emanated from my palms, enveloping her in its ethereal presence. Concerned, I called out to her, "Mom, are you okay?"

 "She will recover shortly. You must leave now, or the energy spell will be broken, and she will witness your true form," she advised through my thoughts.

 Anger surged within me as I questioned, "How can I trust you?" 

She responded with sincerity, "I have parents too. You are aiding me in saving them. Why would I harm your family?" 

 Concerned about my father, I inquired, "What about my dad?" 

She reassured me, "He is asleep. We can depart now." Determined to leave before the spell wore off, I hastily exited my house. I swiftly hopped onto my scooter and put on my sunglasses, ready to embark on our journey.