What is not possible?

"Hey, what are you doing?" I managed to choke out, my voice strained and desperate. His grip on my neck tightened, making it increasingly difficult to breathe. The pressure constricted my throat, causing pain and discomfort. Tears welled up in my eyes as I struggled to free myself from his grasp.

"Why are you doing this?" I gasped, my voice now hoarse and strained.

His smile held a twisted fury as he replied, "If you are dead, there is no vessel." Each breath became a struggle, as if something was lodged in my throat. Coughs wracked my body, and the tears streaming down my face mingled with my distress.

The world around me seemed to fade, darkness encroaching on my vision. My head throbbed with intense pain, and every movement became a herculean effort. My trembling hands grew weaker, unable to break his hold on my neck. Desperately, I fought to keep my eyes open, resisting the overwhelming urge to surrender to the encroaching darkness. And then, I collapsed.

 He released his grip, allowing me to draw in much-needed breaths of air. I fought against the heaviness in my eyelids, determined not to succumb to unconsciousness.

Struggling to regain control of my breath, I finally managed to calm my coughing fits. Wiping away my tears, I looked at him, still feeling a mixture of pain and anger.

"Are you okay?" he asked, concern lacing his voice. He knelt down beside me, his face displaying a remorseful expression.

"It was not supposed to hurt you," he admitted, his tone filled with regret.

I took a moment to compose myself, focusing on my breathing before I could respond. "I'm sorry, but for a moment, I thought you were going to help me. I didn't ask you to kill me, but to save me," I said, my anger palpable in my words.

He seemed taken aback by my anger. "I never intended to hurt you like this. It's not even possible to harm you in this place," he explained, his voice tinged with sincerity.

"I don't want to be here anymore. I want to go home," I declared, my tone brimming with rudeness.

 He firmly grasped both my shoulders, compelling me to meet his gaze. "Please, trust me just this once. I'm genuinely sorry for hurting you. I will save you from her. Please come with me," he pleaded, genuine concern etched across his face. His worry was a side of him I had never witnessed before. With his assistance, I managed to regain my footing, but my eyes remained fixed on the girl in the mirror, watching me intently. 

"Hold my hands tightly," he instructed, reaching out to clasp both of my hands in his. Suddenly, darkness enveloped us, as if the lights had been extinguished. I couldn't see anything, but I could feel the warmth of his hands in mine. Then, a brilliant light emerged, overwhelming my vision. 

When my sight adjusted, I found myself in Chitragupta's office. Chitragupta himself sat behind his desk, wearing a frown, while his assistant KK stood beside him, jaw dropped in astonishment. I glanced at Dev, who appeared resolute. He released my hands, and I noticed that my palms were slick with sweat.

 As I took a step back, I suddenly lost my footing, but he swiftly caught my elbow, preventing me from falling. "Your body needs some time to adjust and recover. Teleportation can strain it," 

Dev explained, pulling out a chair from beside the table and guiding me to sit down. He seemed troubled as he spoke, "She was possessed, and I couldn't do anything to help."

"Save her. In the in-between realm, whenever I tried, she was the one who felt it, not the possessing soul," he added.

 Chitragupta gazed into my eyes and then turned to KK, his assistant. Taking KK's hand in his, Chitragupta reassured him, "Don't panic." Instantly, KK's expression returned to normal.