You deserve a normal human life

As I drove along the main road, I couldn't help but notice the bustling crowd of people engaged in shopping. Among them, I could see numerous spirits, but I chose to ignore their presence. Ignoring them had become second nature to me. 

However, in an unexpected instant, something materialized right in front of my scooter. I instinctively slammed on the brakes, causing a sudden jolt. My heart raced with fear as the realization of what I had just witnessed sank in.

It was the same girl I had seen earlier at the bus stop, the one who seemed ethereal. A man nearby chastised me, saying, "Look where you're driving!" Yet, I couldn't bring myself to look at him. 

My attention was fixated on the girl who stood before me, her uniform stained with blood near her abdomen. I cautiously maneuvered my scooter past her and continued on, but an overwhelming sense of unease washed over me. I needed a moment to collect myself, so I pulled over to a nearby street where there were only a few people around. 

In that moment, I contemplated the difficulty of dealing with this newfound ability. It was nothing like the glamorous depictions in movies. The reality of encountering spirits was far from cool or exciting. I had once fantasized about having such supernatural powers, imagining the possibilities they could offer. But now, I realized how wrong I was. It was a constant struggle, and I wondered if I would ever be able to overcome this burden. 

Then, I heard some whispering, but I didn't know where it was coming from. It felt like the sound was emanating from behind me. Curiously, I turned around to investigate and discovered that it was originating from the basement parking area. Intrigued, I approached the entryway, and amidst the eerie silence, I suddenly heard someone shouting, "Help me!" 

The voice seemed distant, as if the person was far away from where I stood. Yet, moments later, I heard it again, this time much closer than before, repeating the plea for help. Compelled by the urgency in their voice, I took a determined step towards the descending stairs. However, just as I began my descent, a familiar voice startled me from behind, asking, "What are you doing?"

As I turned back, I replied, "Nothing."  To my surprise, it was him again.

 He cautioned me, "Don't fall for their trick," and then took a seat on my scooter, facing me.

 Feeling skeptical, I crossed my arms and asked, "Are you following me?" 

 He shook his head and responded, "No, I came here for my work." 

 Intrigued, I inquired further, "What kind of work?" 

"None of your business," he retorted. I glared at him, my frustration evident.

 "Alright, sir, now kindly remove yourself from my scooter," I scowled at him. He complied, shrugging nonchalantly. Ignoring his presence, I started my scooter and swiftly distanced myself from him. I didn't even bother to look back.

 The encounter left me deep in thought. If Chitragupta, the record-keeper of deeds, was indeed real, then perhaps other gods from Hinduism might also exist. It shattered my preconceived notion that everything about Hinduism was mere mythology. Determination coursed through me as I contemplated finding a way out of this perplexing situation. 

It was 7:45 p.m., and the sight of the moon was truly captivating. Standing on my balcony, I gazed at the night sky. The building I rented happened to be the tallest one on the street, affording me a view of the rooftops of other nearby buildings from the second floor. Each building was bathed in the enchanting moonlight, casting an ethereal glow.

 As I continued to admire the scene, my attention was drawn to a particular shadow on the rooftop of the building directly across from mine. Clothes hung on ropes for drying, swaying gently in the wind, creating a mesmerizing dance.