Chapter 21: Ice Cream Lips

"What's your middle name?" I asked after I had been staring at Bea for at least five minutes. Her hair was pulled up on the top of her head, a few curly strands dangling from it. We were sitting outside in our sleeping bags beside the now-dead camp fire.

The rest of the guys were sleeping. It wasn't a surprise to me considering they never woke up earlier than ten o'clock in the morning on weekends.

"What?" Bea asked, tipping her head sideways to look at me. That was the first time she'd look up from her sketch book since we woke up. She never stopped drawing whatever she was working on.

"What's your middle name? You've never told me and we've been dating for months," I repeated, tossing the pencil I was using to write lyrics in my notebook with down in front of me.

"I'm not telling you my middle name." She shook her head and smiled before going back to drawing. I rolled off of my elbows and onto my back until I was pressed side to side with Bea. She laughed and threw her head down, pushing her book away from her. I reached across her with my arms and grabbed both of her sides, pulling her on top of me, her back against my chest. She moved her head so it rested against my shoulder.

"I bet it's not as weird as mine." I poked her side and she flinched, laughing.

"What is it?" She asked.

"Joseph," I responded.

"That's not weird! It's normal. Mine's not." She slapped my leg. I wrapped my arms around her stomach to hold her protectively.

"I just want to know. It's not like I'll make fun." I tried to reason with her. She finally rolled off of me and planted a kiss on my lips that left me begging for more. She moved her head so her lips were almost touching my ear as she whispered.

"It's Juniper," she said. "Beatrice Juniper Montgomery." I grabbed ahold of her face before she could move and she wrestled against me, trying to pry her face out from between my hands, laughing all the while. I pulled her close and kissed her lips over and over again, each kiss not lingering for more than a second. To get more control over her body in my grip, she straddled my waist.

"That's a mouthful for a name," I said between a kiss. "But it's super adorable and it matches you perfectly."

She laughed uncontrollably until I finally let go of her face and let her up, her sitting right in my hips and her hands against my chest while she caught her breath.

"You get on my nerves," Bea said before punching my chest roughly. Although it didn't hurt much - besides the ring on her finger digging into my sternum - I depicted pain all over my face and rubbed my chest. Bea's face scrunched up when she realized I was faking it. As soon as she tried to hit me again, I caught both of her hands and intertwined them with my own.

"Why are you so abusive?" I questioned her. She rolled her eyes.

"I'm not abusive. If you want to see abusive, I'll go but some whips and chains and - " Her face suddenly blushed bright red when she realized what she was saying. Her dirty mind took over for a moment. I busted into guffaws while wrapping my arms around her and pulling her down to lay on my chest.

"Sticks and stones may break my bones but chains and whips excite me," I sang in a very awkward voice to Rihanna's song. Bea fought against me once again while laughing. As you could guess, she failed.

Her phone made a ding noise and she wiggled her arm out of my hug to reach her phone from on the ground. Her body went limp in my hold and she sighed heavily. I let her go but kept her from laying on the ground.

"I have group therapy in an hour," she sniffled. Bea sat up again on top of me and I rested my hands on her hips. Her eyes were already glossy from stressing over her therapy.