Part 1 ~Shadows~

He gazed down watching her walk home from a convenience store, watching over her protecting her from a distance...

Admiring her every move with nothing but adoration for his perfect human girl, as she made her way to her house, he soon realised that the road she was taking was through an alleyway. She made it out of the alleyway just fine, but what awaited at the end of it was what was worrying him.

As she made a right turn, there was a group of drunken men, just waiting for her to show up. You see they've been following her, for months without her knowledge of course, and now in the middle of the night... Was the perfect time for them to grab her attention.

One of the men began approaching her, with a smirk barely hiding his filthy intentions behind it.

(Rose's POV) Shit, I knew coming down this way was a bad idea. Fuck! Maybe I can just turn around and pray for the best.

She then began moving into the opposite direction when she heard a voice slur out her name.

(Drunken man) "Oi, Rose where do you think you're going hah...?"

He watched her slowly turn around, practically able to smell the fear coming off of her. He wanted to act, but it was to soon...

(Rose) "H- How do you know my-"

Before she could finish her sentence the man's friends answered back, slurring their words so bad, you could barely make out what they were saying.

(Drunken men) "We've been- watching you *hiccup* for a long while~"

That sent shivers down her spine, the fear was beginning to kick in, worse than before. She wanted to scream, cry, run even just walk away, but she couldn't move. Something was keeping her trapped in that one single spot.

"How long have they been watching me?" She wondered, fear and worry screaming in her head...

The men, soon began walking toward her, there were about five of them, they began circling around her. Cornering her, making sure she had absolute no way to escape their horrible desires.

Enzo watched, from the rooftops glaring at the group of men, around his human girl. He felt this protective urge to kill every last one of the men around her, knowing that they were the cause of her fear, it made his blood boil.

(Rose's POV) As I was staring at these men all around me, I felt as though we were not the only ones here. It was that same feeling I felt whenever I was uneasy while out at night, it felt as though I had someone with me. I looked around a few times, and saw nothing. I then snapped out of my paranoid thoughts and came back to the sad reality, of these men trapping me between them...

One of them tried grabbing her.

The first and last mistake he'd make ever...

Enzo came down from the rooftop silently, he's quick on his feet.

Without wasting another second he grabbed the man trying to touch Rose, he then went for the rest of the group, and in the blink of an eye... They were all knocked out.

He wasn't exactly "nice" about knocking them out, they were all bloody and bruised by the time he was done, he let himself go, his anger took over.

Rose, who was watching this, barely saw Enzo. It all looked like one big flash to her and before she could even comprehend what she just saw. It was over... And the hero of the evening? He was back in the shadows...

Later that evening, Rose sat in a warm bath, thinking about what happened this evening. She was so confused.. It all happened so fast she was barely able to blink before it was over.

"Is it possible for someone to move that quickly?" She wondered...

She soon brushed it off and got out of the bath and started getting ready for bed. She changed into sweats and laid on her bed scrolling online aimlessly to pass time, as she was laying there she heard a feint knocking sound coming from her window. She assumed it was just a piece of slightly broken wood moving around in the wind.

However she soon realised the longer she ignored it, the louder it got. She soon got up to go and see what was causing this annoying sound, as she got to her window, she looked down and saw a letter addressed to her on her windowsill, the writing looked almost like it was from the 18th century. It was rather pretty.

She took the letter and brought it inside.