Part 4 ~Night Out~

As I was about to leave, I looked over at my bedside table and saw the ruby red box from my admirer. I walked over to it and took out my necklace, I put it on and looked in the mirror quickly and at matched the dress well.

My friend arrived, and we drove to what looked like a... House party? "Weird, isn't this for teenagers?" I thought as I  looked outside. I entered the house, and almost immediately I saw the amount of 'fancy' this place had, it seemed like what I saw on the outside was a mere disguise for what was truly going on in the house. I felt a wave of anxiety fall over me as I saw all the other party guests seeming proper and sophisticated, I felt as if I stuck out like a sore thumb.

"Why did I agree to this?" She thought as she walked over to the bar area, "This house has a fucking BAR I really shouldn't be here...!" She thought as she ordered a glass of wine. As she sat there, she kept looking at everyone who seemed to fit right in, before she knew it, she realised she lost her friend. Now she was alone, in a place she felt the most scared, she knew no one and nothing about such parties.

"What the hell...?" As she was overthinking she looked over at one of the tables and saw a familiar face, that golden blonde hair and that bright smile... It couldn't be him could it?

"Felix! Is that you?" She asked as she made her way over to him, he looked as confused as her, as if he was trying to blend in with the crowd.

"Rose? What are you doing here?" He asked as he gave her a gentle hug.

Seeing him, made her ease up a bit, finally someone here that could keep her company.

"My friend brought me here, this really isn't my type of party as you can probably tell" I felt my face become slightly warm, I laughed nervously as Felix nodded in agreement with me.

"Its actually my older sister Rachel's party, its her birthday so I kind of have to be here, I'd much rather be in my bed though" He responded smiling, I spent quite a long time with Felix, we talked a bit about work and a bit about how things are going at home. And then we got onto the topic of dating again.

"So, I can't help but feel as if you're scared... To go out with me I mean, I obviously have no problem with that, but if you don't want to you could just tell me and... We don't have to go out."

As I heard him say that, I felt... Almost bold. It might have been from the wine but I felt an urge to just face my fear and go out with him.

"You know what Lix, I'll go out with you, since its still the weekend, why don't we grab lunch tomorrow? I know a cute place."

I watched his face light up as I mentioned a date plan, he gave me a hug and agreed. After that, his smile stayed all night. After a few hours my friend eventually showed up and apologised for leaving me alone, her excuse was that she found a cute guy and got lost in conversation, which I was fine with.

"Well, Bella this is Lee Felix, I work with him, he's Rachel's younger brother." I said introducing the two to each other. They got along well and we spent the night chatting for what seemed like an eternity.

I checked the time on my phone, and realised it was past 1 in the morning, it seemed like time just sped by without us noticing. I told Bella and eventually after what seemed like forever she agreed to take me home. I said good night to Felix and left with Bella.

The drive home was quite calm, we had RnB playing on Bella's phone and we chatted about, small things nothing interesting enough to hold a proper conversation though. Then Bella gave me that 'you spoke to a guy tonight' look, I felt my face turn a light red before I opened my mouth to tell her about Felix.

As we drove, we spent about an hour just talking about Felix and our date for tomorrow.

"Oh my god I can't believe you're going on a date! Its been forever sine you last had one... Could I help you pick an outfit?" Bella asked, she had the most amount of excitement in her voice, it was sweet that she wanted to help me.

"You already know, I don't do dates... So yes please" I responded chuckling as I saw the pure happiness on Bella's face.

We finally got to my place and Bella decided to stay over as it was way to late for her to drive around, which I was totally okay with. I set up an air mattress next to my bed, got her some pillows a blanket and PJs. We spent a few more minutes talking before we fell asleep.