Part 8 ~Change~

I looked at Ambrose, my fear growing as I walked inside.

"How the hell did you get in here...?! I locked the door..."

"Oh you did, but I'm sure you know from passed experience... That getting in and out of places is as simple as clicking my fingers." Ambrose replied, he had that same smirk on his face that he had the first time he got into my house.

"What do you want Ambrose?" I asked sitting a few feet away from him, not wanting to be closer to him.

"What I want... Is for you to drop that Felix guy you always hang around" He replied, his eyes looked serious but his body language seemed cocky and playful.

"What? How do you know about him- have you been stalking me...?!" I asked getting up from my chair glaring at him.

"I wouldn't say stalking that sounds creepy. I'd call it... Watching from a distance " He smirked slightly, after seeing my reaction.

"Well whatever you wanna call it, why the hell would I listen to somebody who happens to be a complete stranger who's broken into my house TWICE hmm?"

She said crossing her arms looking at him, not even a little bit amused with his request.

Ambrose chuckled at Rose's anger, he shrugged and looked at her, his smug look never leaving his face.

"Well, you don't have to do anything... I'd just much rather you cut ties with him, rather than me cut them for you" he said standing up, putting his hands on his hips smiling .

"Are you insane? You're acting like a jealous boyfriend... Y'know I actually have no fucking idea why I haven't called the cops on you yet. Who the hell do you think you are?"

"I think, I'm the one who's giving you a task... As I said, do it yourself... Or I'll do it for you" His tone changed from one of playfulness, to one that sounded almost threatening, his eyes went dark and had a cold piercing glare. As he looked at me, I couldn't help but feel scared.

"I don't know what you think you're going to get out of me because I'm doing jackshit, you can't just show up one day and decide you have any form of control over me. You don't know me Ambrose... And I don't know you, so respectfully... Get the fuck out of my house"

I was petrified saying this, feeling a dangerous aura surrounding him, but I knew she had to stand her ground.

She heard a low chuckle escape his lips, before his signature smirk appeared once again. His eyes went from dark and piercing, back to calm and playful.

"Suite yourself Rose, but don't say I didn't give you an option." He replies with a light smile. As he says these words, he walks out and closes the door.

The instant he's gone, I immediately lock my door and all my windows. I called Bella and told her what happened, she didn't seem to fully believe me but she could hear I wasn't okay. She came over 30 minutes later and stayed the night.

The next morning, I woke up to Bella shaking me awake. As I sat up I realised she had a letter in her hand, it looked like one from my admirer.

"What is this?" Bella asked as she handed it to me, she looked half asleep but awake enough to understand what was happening.

"Oh... Its from this 'secret admirer' I have. Remember that night I told you I was almost hurt by those drunk guys? He saved me, and has been sending me these notes ever since that night."

She looked at me confused, as if she couldn't believe what I'd just said.

"Wait, so a complete stranger... Saved you from some drunk assholes and now sends you letters every night? Don't you think that's a bit... I don't know- weird as fuck?" She said as she looked between me and the note that I was holding.

"I mean... Maybe a bit, but its nothing out of the ordinary, he just checks in every now and again."

"And you don't think that's weird?" She asks seemingly really concerned.

"Bella... I swear, its really okay, he hasn't done anything to me besides send me letters. I'm fine."

She looked at me, not happy with that response, but her gaze soon softened up.

I looked down at the note in my hands and slowly took it out of its envelope. I looked at the heading, it read:

Dear Rose, I saw what happened with Ambrose last night, and honestly it hit a nerve, and all that's been on my mind since last night was your scared face. How your entire body was tensed up being around him, it pissed me off so much and I hate that I didn't do anything after seeing him... I promised to protect you and I couldn't last night... So, would you like to meet?

If you do, send a letter to **** tonight at 7, and I'll arrange a place to meet tomorrow.

-Secret Admirer

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I looked over to Bella, her face was just as shocked as mine. I'd never thought about meeting my admirer, Christ I didn't even know his name...

"Should I send a letter?" I asked Bella, slowly turning to look at her, my expression not changing.

"Uh..." Bella went quiet, its as if she had a million things running through her head.

"I mean I want to be that best friend who doesn't hold you back... But this seems kind of risky don't you think?... Maybe- ask if you could bring me with you, I don't want you going alone.

I smiled hearing Bella's concern, I looked down at the note and then back to Bella and agreed.