TWO

CHAPTER TWO:
"You... you think you can beat me? I'm sorry,
I must laugh at such a ridiculous claim"

        "THIS IS RIDICULOUS!" CELESTIA CRIED OUT AS SHE CAME LANDING IN FRONT OF ROCKET AND ALLISON

"THIS IS RIDICULOUS!" CELESTIA CRIED OUT AS SHE CAME LANDING IN FRONT OF ROCKET AND ALLISON. "Both of you need to come with me, right now." Her demands were usually met with the snap of her fingers, but no one cared to follow her command nowadays.

"We don't follow your order, Your Highness!" Rocket spat through a growl, but still managing to hold an ounce of respect for the Queen who he had once seen be a caring and warm ruler. This was a shadow of who she once was. "Thought we made that clear the last time we crossed paths. And, why do you have a metal arm!"

Celestia's face reddened with anger, veins popping out over her neck as she clenched a hand around her sword and the collar. "I really don't want to have to do this the hard way," she snapped.

               "And what is the hard way," Allison asked, taking a cautious step back as a reaction to Celestia's hurried paces forward. "Why do you need us?" She managed to keep a calm tone in contrast to Rocket's sharp tone.

                Allison respect managed to pierce Celestia's anger for a moment and she noticed an slither of sympathy flash through her dark eyes. "To save everyone I care about."

                 A thud sounded from behind the two Guardians, making the pair sharply turn to look over the shoulders. Adam had landed behind them, his fist glowed with immense energy, his usually kept together and clean look damaged from his short battle with Nebula.

                   "So, split up?" Rocket murmured in Allison's ear, already finding the perfect jump point from her shoulder to a nearby ladder.

                     Allison gulped, mist slowly slipping out of the palms of her hands. "On three..."

                      "Three-!"

                      Rocket leaped off her shoulder, scrambling up the scaffolding as Allison skidded down a small slope, freezing the entrance. A low growl passed Celestia's throat as her narrowed eyes watched Allison's silhouette get further and further. She hurried forward and slammed her fist into the thick ice, shattering it in an instant. The small ice shards sprinkled to the ground just as Allison reached the ground and took off into another sprint.

A loud explosion made Allison's eyes snap over her shoulder, watching as Drax and Celestia came tumbling from the great height. Celestia had been disarmed, but her robotic upgrades far exceeded that of Drax's heritage and she quickly gained the upper hand.

As they collided with the ground, another crash rumbled through Knowhere as Groot spun through the air, broken branches and wood left in his wake. The stench of burning wood was evident as Adam marched over the limbs with what was left of Groot scrambling painfully to safety..