FIVE

CHAPTER FIVE:
"You don't have to do that. I know how he
haunts you more then he ever did I."

         FROST'S NIGHTMARES WERE AT AN ALL TIME HIGH

         FROST'S NIGHTMARES WERE AT AN ALL TIME HIGH. The smell of her damp cell was lingering in the back of the Ice Demon's mind with the constant screams and panicked yelps of poor innocent creatures being experimented on haunted her.

          Little Frost had shuddered on her bed, watching mist flow of her hands in waves as she huddled beneath the thin blanket she had found was left for her since she was dragged from her home. She had no clue just how much worse it'd become.

           The door had skidded open suddenly one day, making the young Ice Demon scramble to her feet obediently. She stood with her hands by her side, blue eyes watching the tall dark creator looming in the doorway.

           "Come, child," High Evolutionary had whispered, extended a hand into the dark cell, uncaring of how ice crept out of its restraints. "It's okay." He held a crooked smile and a dark stare that told the Ice Demon she didn't have much of a choice, and Frost elected to follow. Her tiny hand had slowly risen into the High Evolutionary, and he locked his own around it tightly. Frost was sure she wouldn't be able to escape.

            Instead of walking, Frost was more so pulled through the laboratory. She bowed her head in a panic as they passed many guards and scientists of all designs glaring at her seemingly in disgust by her appearance.

            "I believe I have found a solution to your sickness, Frost." Frost's bold blue eyes had locked up to the creator just as he turned to look down at her. "Though your body may not be able to maintain the temperatures at which your powers present, there might be an easy answer in the form of merging."

As they entered the main open floor, a window overlooking new earth making Frost squinted against the blinding sun. Frost tilted her head and she slowly took in the fellow slaves that were awaiting the return of their handler. Each of them bowed their heads respectfully as Frost and High Evolutionary passed, walking to the centre where a small chalkboard was being vigorously written on.

"89P13," High Evolutionary called.

The raccoon immediately paused, spinning around with his lips stretched into a wide grin across his snout. Frost could've sworn she could see the recent stitches of a major surgery upon his fuzzy arm, metal prosthetics extending over his arm on the surface before dipping beneath his skin.

The raccoon extended his paws to the chalkboard where an abundance of calculations and predictions were scribbled over the black surface. High Evolutionary lowered to both Frost and 89P13's level.

"And it'll work?" He clarified, glancing at subject 89P13 expectingly. He earned a firm nod from the animal and turned to Frost urging her to take a comfortable seat beside him, explaining just what the animal had been hard at work on.