SEVEN

CHAPTER SEVEN:
"I don't think there's any other choice"

         CELESTIA HADN'T BEEN ABLE TO STOP THINKING OF ALLISON FROST

         CELESTIA HADN'T BEEN ABLE TO STOP THINKING OF ALLISON FROST. Ever since she had found out about the High Evolutionary's desire to kidnapped Rocket and Allison, she had wondered why he care so much for the Ice Demon.

          Rocket made sense. The raccoon demonstrated intelligence far exceeding many other creatures in the cosmos. He was extraordinary and having his brain on your side would supply an upper hand to any war you were thrown into. But what made Allison and Frost so special?

             With how big the galaxy was, there was bound to be other beings that shared the abilities that the woman had. But there was something about her that the High Evolutionary refused to leave behind.

              Under the protection of the night sky, Celestia crept quietly out her room and cautiously peered down either side of the hallway. Her sword stayed sheathed by her waist, her footsteps silent upon the tiles as she wondered forward, walking a recognisable path through the ship. She had walked this path over a thousand times it felt like now, waiting to see what more the High Evolutionary could want from her body. The thought made her graze her tongue self consciously over the gap were her missing tooth would've been.

                 Walking into the lab, she found no one. The lack of security was worrying but then again, why would you need it when every one obeyed you as if you were god himself.

                  Celestia broke into a sprint to the computers. She didn't know how much time she had but she didn't want to loose the opportunity to learn about Allison and what High Evolutionary planned for her and her counterpart.

                   Her fingers drummed across the keyboard, and once again there was no security on the files. Anxiously, she began to nibble her bottom lip. This was too easy. And she soon discovered that the simplicity of this wasn't the most horrible part.

                    Celestia was quick to locate the files of Allison and Frost, using their assigned name of Subject 88P09 and Subject 88910 to do so. She quickly discovered they weren't the only two with a connection to a natural element as the files contained multiple others ranging from earth based powers to fire. However, every single document was marked as a failure.

                     "What were you doing, you bastard?" she whispered, hesitating for a moment before clicking on Frost's file. A collection of links appeared and she pressed the first one and her mouth fell a gape in shock. The link opened up a video that ran for three minutes exactly and inhumane was an understatement.

                        Celestia watched as a younger Frost quivered on an operating table, stripped of her clothing and only covered by a thin towel. Her legs and arms were outstretched, strapped down with a metal clasped tight around her waist as she fought against the restraints. Frost cried and cried as they poked and injected her with all types of drugs and cut incisions over her pale skin all whilst she screamed. Blood was pooling over her skin and fall to the floor, pattering softly and for a moment, the younger Frost went silent.