SIX

CHAPTER SIX:
"We're gonna save that damn animal, because
I don't know what I'll do if I loose him"

CHAPTER SIX:"We're gonna save that damn animal, because I don't know what I'll do if I loose him"

         "HEY, GUYS, YOU'RE ABOUT TO BE BOARDED BY THE UNITED RAVAGERS." Mainframe's floating head had intercepted the Bowie's transmissions, appearing on a screen nearby. Its eyes blinked green with every word spoken happily in a very obvious threat. "You can surrender and turn over any stuff worth anything and live or you can die. Totes up to you!"

            A loud clang echoed through the ship as the roof and walls quivered under the sudden weight of attaching ships. Next, a whoosh passed through the halls and abrupt sparks sprinkled over the grated floors. A student of the mystic arts stepped through the open portal, leading a small group aboard. As he slithered, his long orange body leaving gooey puddles in his wake, he threw his arm either way and summoned a collection of more portals and even more Ravagers suddenly boarded. That wasn't their only entrance however as more and more appeared, flooding every possible exit and cornering the Guardians in the main deck.

             Blinking was all Allison needed to do before Frost took over. Lifting her open palms, mist flooded the room and Drax was quick to follow her lead as he armed himself with the knife tucked neatly in his boot. However before he could lunge, Peter extended an arm to cut of Drax and quickly grasped onto Frost's arm. Her icy glare sharply turned and Peter shook his head in a quiet plead for her cooperation.

             "Guys! It's me!" Peter insisted to the Ravagers, glancing through the groups who watched on in amusement. "Peter Quill, I'm one of you, remember?" Some of the bandits chuckled, others lifted their guns and Frost took that as a sign of battle.

               Lunging forward, she took hold of the blaster and froze it, letting the ice continue to grow before the creature's hands were frozen solid to the weapon and his teeth chattered. The sudden attack made the other Ravagers arm themselves, lifting their weapons as Peter took Frost by her waist and pulled her back to the group.

                The Ice Demon screamed. "What the hell are you doing? We must attack first!"

                 "Hold on! We have an appointment," Nebula interjected, hurrying to the group with Groot hot on her tail.

                  "We have an appointment!" Frost hissed, finally squirming out of Peter's grasp. She stuck her tongue out childishly to the Ravager who shrunk in the corner, trying to shake his hands free of the ice whilst his body shuddered.

                  The bandits ignored her, one stepping forward and pointing his weapon cautiously to Nebula. "With who?"