fifteen

<3 <3 <3

There's another run in her stockings when I see her on Thursday. On her thigh again. Maybe they're the same pair she wore the other week. Whatever the case, that's my sole focus for the hour.

I can't focus on my beanie sitting on her head, though it looks adorable. I can't focus on the words she's speaking, the lesson she's trying to teach me. No. Because there's a small strip of pale skin revealed by the run in her stockings, just a couple inches above her knee.

I have an arm around the back of her chair again. My other hand has settled on her knee. She doesn't have her hand on mine today to prevent my fidgeting. Which is dangerous. Because my thumb is just millimetres away from the bare skin of her thigh and I am oh so tempted to explore even the smallest part of her skin.

It's not long before I give in.

My touch is gentle, and it's clear she doesn't mind it. My thumb swipes back and forth over the fabric of her stockings until I'm touching that strip of uncovered skin. She doesn't flinch when I start fiddling with the run, just like she did the other week.

I'm fascinated by her. The feel of her soft skin. Her voice, a gentle hum that I should most definitely be focusing on, but I'm not. Fascinated that she's letting me touch her. No hand on mine to stop me from straying.

The pad of my thumb grazes her bare skin, swiping back in forth. Over and over again. I'm completely enraptured, so much so that I'm hardly aware of my actions. Not really. My hands are moving and I'm just watching. I have absolutely no control when it comes to her.

"George."

The sound of my name on her lips brings me back to reality. I blink a couple times, glance up at her face. Her cheeks are red. She's got her bottom lip tucked between her teeth. Her blue eyes are slightly wide.

"Aurora." I say right back, dropping my gaze again because I just can't help myself. The moment I do, I realise why she said my name.

I've pulled at the run in her stocking so much that it has spread up her inner thigh. My hand has disappeared under her skirt and I hardly even noticed as it was happening. The run has stopped just an inch up from the hem of her skirt. Not so high as to be completely indecent, but high enough that her skin has turned even softer. Warmer. More delicate. More intimate. It's only her thigh but it is so, so close to a far more private part of her.

My hand immediately freezes. "Oh." I swallow thickly. "Aurora, I— I am so sorry," Quickly, my hand starts to retreat as my cheeks heat furiously.

"No, George," Her own hand darts out to stop mine, pressing my hand to her thigh just above her knee. No longer under her skirt, but still very much touching her. "It's okay—"

"It's not," I shake my head adamantly, skin crawling, "I'm— I'm harassing you, I'm sorry. I shouldn't— I'll leave—"

"George," Her voice is sterner than I've ever heard it, but softer too. It stops me in my tracks. She doesn't say anything for a moment, but her thumb brushes a soothing pattern over the back of my hand. "It's okay. Really. I didn't—" She ducks her head, "I wasn't stopping you. I just— We're studying and... You were distracted. I— I—" Her mouth moves but no words come out.

Speaking lowly, sombrely, I tell her, "I put my hand up your skirt without your permission. I didn't— That wasn't my intention and I'm sorry, Aurora."

Her eyes flutter and she shakes her head slightly. "You don't need to be sorry, George. I should have stopped you earlier. That's my fault."

Her words take a long time to process in my brain. "Why didn't you?"

She avoids my gaze thoroughly when she answers, "Well, you— Your hands, they're... Large and, well, very warm and it doesn't feel bad when you touch me and— I just, you know— You're— You—"

My heart pounds in my chest and I dip my head, trying to meet her eyes. "You like it when I touch you, don't you, Aurora?"

She huffs an annoyed breath, "George, stop it. You're trying to make me all flustered by looking at me like that. Stop."

"Looking at you like what?"

"Like you're dying for me to tell you you're right. Yes, I like it when you touch me, alright? Your hands are big and warm and very gentle. And at first it was just my knee and all of a sudden it was not my knee and..."

Carefully, so slowly, I let my fingers brush over her knee again, under the guide of her hand this time. She lets out a long breath when I do so, staring down at our hands. When I take a risk and slide my hand further up to her thigh, she lets me. We both watch as I carefully trace my fingers over her skin. Up and up and up until my fingers just brush under the hem of her skirt that sits high up on her thighs.

"Aurora?"

A shaky breath, "Yes, George?"

"Is it..." Our eyes lock and I gain a little courage, "Is it just this touch that you like?"

"Well," I watch her throat move when she swallows, "You held my face the other day and that was nice too. Other than that, we haven't really—" She stops talking abruptly when I lift my other hand from behind her, sliding it up to cradle her head. Her lips part and she's forced to stare up at me.

"Like this?"

"Yes." She whispers. "What are you doing, George?"

"Just what you like, Aurora," I answer quietly. We're not alone in this library and I'm well aware of that. We're fairly secluded, no one else directly around us today. But that doesn't mean we'll be alone forever. "Whatever you want."

Her eyes drop and she's looking at my lips. I look at hers in return. They're shiny, pink. She's wearing lipgloss. I wonder what flavour it is. "What are you thinking about?" She asks softly. Breathless.

I don't lie, "I'm thinking about what flavour your lipgloss might be."

Her cheeks are so, so pink. Her tongue darts out, wetting her bottom lip, "It's watermelon."

A hum slips from low in my throat. "I see."

"Do you—" My hand on her thigh drifts just a little higher and her breath stutters, "Do you like watermelon?"

Gruffly, I admit, "It's my favourite."

"Oh, that's," She nods a little, "Good."

"Aurora?"

Bright blue eyes blink up at me, "Yes, George?"

"If I kissed you, would that be something you'd like?"

Another shaky breath leaves her. A little smile. "I think it would be, yes."

~ Pink Flamingo <3