twenty

<3 <3 <3

A soft sigh floats from Aurora's lips and she snuggles further back into my chest. Her head fits perfectly against my collarbone. I lean back on my hands, legs parted for her to sit comfortably between them. With a book in her hand and empty boxes of takeout beside us, I look up at the stars, taking in the moment.

Aurora has loved the date so far. She's told me so at least twenty times since we arrived at our first stop, the bookstore. It's owned by a friend of my mum's, so she gave me the key to let ourselves in after-hours. The look on Aurora's face once she realised we had the place to ourselves was indescribable. I've never seen a person so happy.

But when I told her we could stay as long as we wanted and she could pick out any books she liked, I was proven wrong. She leapt into my arms then and kissed me so hard, I stumbled into the bookshelf behind me, sending a few books tumbling down.

We spent about an hour there, and she picked out three books to take home in that time. She tried to give me money for them, but I insisted that it was my treat. She kissed me again for that, hands pushed into my hair, tongue meeting mine. My cheeks have never been so red.

After the bookstore, we picked out a place for dinner. We circled around town for a while as we deliberated until I noticed her eyes lingering on the Chinese restaurant. So we went in and ordered far too much food.

We took the food and the books then to our last stop. One of my friends lives on a decent bit of land, so he let me use the back part of his property for the night. Earlier today, I spent hours setting everything up for this moment.

Between two trees, hangs a white sheet with a projector cast onto it. And just in front I set out blankets and pillows for us to lounge on. We ate our food and watched Aurora's favourite rom-com, Clueless until it was late and quiet and all the stars were out in the sky.

Afterwards, neither of us wanted to leave yet, so here we are. Still on those blankets, Aurora now reading her book. Aloud to me. Because when I insisted I didn't mind her getting lost in a book for a while, she didn't want me to feel as though she was ignoring me. So now she's cuddled up against me, her voice the only sound in the quiet night.

I notice that her voice has trailed off and shift my head to peer down at her. I'm surprised to find she's already staring back up at me, a soft smile on her lips. "Aurora?" I ask gently.

Carefully, she sets her book aside, "Yes, George?"

"Is everything okay? Do you... want to go home?"

She shakes her head, "Not yet. But I am done reading for the moment."

"Alright. Is there some—" My sentence is cut short when she shifts up onto her knees and grips my jaw, tugging me closer for a kiss. I melt into her, feeling breathless the moment she sinks down onto me. Legs either side of mine, she straddles my lap, cradling my face in her hands.

I let my hands fall to her hips, digging my hands into the material of her blue dress. Her coat has long since been discarded beside us. She shifts her hips and I groan deeply into her mouth, parting my lips and letting her tongue tangle with mine. The kiss quickly turns hot and dirty and needy.

"Aurora," I part my lips to whisper her name reverently, bunching up the fabric of her dress in my hands. The skirt rides higher and my fingers meet her stocking-covered thighs. I latch onto the flesh with greedy hands, pulling her down onto me firmly.

I'm met with a delicate sigh as her hands slip back into my hair. "George, my love," She kisses me deeply again, all slow and wet and hungry. When we part just barely, she whispers, "You are the perfect boyfriend, you know that?"

A dopey smile lifts my lips and I flutter my eyes open to stare at her, "Really?"

She nods, shifting her hips against mine again. The move is torturous. "Really, really. You're so respectful. You planned the most perfect date."

A short, happy laugh escapes me, "You love it?"

"I love it," She confirms, smiling brightly. "I love that we're alone. We've never been properly alone. And now..." Her hands drag down my neck, palms flattening over my shoulders then down my chest. I shiver at her touch, "Now we are. You're mine now, love."

"Aurora," I murmur, verging on a whimper when her hands slip beneath my button-up shirt. "I've been yours since the moment I laid eyes on you."

"Good," She grumbles adorably as her nails rake softly over my stomach, "Because I've been yours since then too. Could barely keep my eyes off you. You're infuriatingly good looking."

I laugh again, pressing my forehead to hers, "When I first saw you, I thought you were the prettiest girl I've ever seen. Now I know you are. And I know you're also the smartest and nicest and sweetest and most loyal—" She cuts me off with another kiss, her smiling mouth against mine.

"George," She giggles into my mouth, "You're making me blush."

"Look at me, Aurora," My chest rises and falls quickly, heading shaking with disbelief. She pulls away just slightly to do as I ask, "I'm a mess and you've only touched my stomach. Just your kisses do this to me."

She lifts a hand to brush her thumb over my cheek, "You're blushing too. You really do like my touch, don't you?" Dropping her hand back to my stomach, she splays both out over my burning skin.

"Yes," I nod, quick to agree with her. I never want her to let go of me again. "Having you on top of me like this is the best thing I've ever experienced."

"Good," She lowers her head so that her nose brushes mine, "Because we're going to be in this position a lot more if I can help it, love."

~ Pink Flamingo <3