sixteen

<3 <3 <3

The first touch of my lips to hers is like an entire world shift. The energy around us changes. Everything goes silent. My muscles tense and relax simultaneously. It's as though something slots into place. Something on a level beyond physical. Something of hers slotting perfectly into something of mine. Maybe it's our souls. Our hearts. Our minds. Whatever it is, I never want to be disentangled from this girl.

Her lips are soft, just as I knew they would be. And she does taste like watermelon. So sweet and so perfect. I kiss her bottom lip, just gently. Her mouth stays parted, just letting me kiss her. I kiss her top lip next. Then her bottom lip again. Gently, I bite down on her bottom lip, coaxing the softest gasp from her lips. Her mouth opens with the sound and I tilt her head, kissing her deeper.

She kisses me back, mouth hesitant and exploring. I keep a hand on her thigh and one on her head. Her hands move, gripping my shirt tightly. When I lick at her lips, I earn a quiet sigh. Hesitantly, she licks at my lips too, like she's not quite sure if she's allowed to. I let loose an approving hum, tightening my hold on her. She presses her lips to mine firmly and I just sink into her.

"Aurora," I whisper, drifting my kisses up over her cheeks, the bridge of her nose, her chin.

Another sigh. "George." Her hand grasps my jaw, tugging my lips back to hers for an even deeper kiss. I melt under her touch, letting her move me where she wants, kiss me how she wants, touch me how she wants. As far as I'm concerned, I'm hers now. I think I was from the moment I first laid eyes on her.

She pulls away briefly to ask, "You wanted to kiss me?"

It's a ridiculously question and I can't help but laugh, kissing her cheeks again. "I don't remember a time when I didn't want to kiss you. From the second I saw you, Aurora..."

"George," She smiles, a little giggle slipping past her lips when I kiss over her eyelids. "You mean that?"

"I do. I'm only a stuttering idiot around you, no one else. You're the prettiest girl I've ever seen."

She presses her forehead to mine. "You think I'm pretty?"

A quiet, adoring sigh leave me, "I do. I love your eyes and your hair and your cheeks and how you blush and your laugh and your smile. I think you're so smart and funny and kind. I pretty much adore you, Aurora."

"Oh, George," She kisses me again, voice reverent, "You are so lovely. I really mean that. How could I not adore you?"

"You say my name a lot." I point out.

"That's because I like you a lot." Her smile presses against mine, "You say my name a lot too."

"I do. I love your name. Love the way it sounds. Sometimes, I say it just to say it. Just to have you look at me. Then I have to think of something to ask you, so I don't look like a complete idiot."

"You like me too." She easily dissects the meaning behind my words.

"Of course I like you."

Gently, her finger traces a line down my chest, "Mr. Johnston and Mrs. Lincoln would freak knowing this is how we've spent our tutoring session today."

"I don't know," I shrug, a smile curving my lips, "I think this has been our most productive session yet."

Aurora looks up at me and sighs happily, "I think so too."

"Can I..." I spread my fingertips out on her thigh, drawing little circles, "walk you to class today?"

She laughs, "You walk me to class every day."

"I know. But would I be able to kiss you goodbye today?"

"I think I'd allow that."

"Good." I get lost in her eyes for a moment, "May I kiss you again now, Aurora?"

Her smile is easily my favourite thing in the world. "Of course you may, George."

~ Pink Flamingo <3