iX| Bright lights

Italics: Finnish

●▬▬▬▬▬ ⋆🧊🇫🇮 ⋆ ▬▬▬▬▬●

ᴺᴼᵂ ᴾᴸᴬᵞᴵᴺᴳ : Houdini

"I come and I go, tell me all the ways you need me

I'm not here for long, catch me before I go"

Bright lights were something that Anneli Räikkönen was used to, whether it was racing, nightclubs or lights from the snowboarding adventures. She liked bright lights, they gave her an odd amount of comfort that she was still alive and in control while keeping her focus.

There were different bright lights, however. When she saw the bright lights while snowboarding, she knew she was going down the right mountain and that, perhaps, they gave her peace as people would head inside when it got dark.

The lights from the nightclubs gave her a buzzing feeling as she would dance and drink vodka like it was water. She was interesting to be around while drunk because she acted reasonably normal compared to her usual blunt and odd personality.

These bright lights were different. They were a symbol of pure control and power; a show of what she could achieve the things she had been dreaming of. A lack of red lights to show she was in front of the lead...a wave of a flag to show...

"What a season! Anneli Räikkönen wins the Formula 2 Abu Dhabi Grand Prix!"

Relief filled her body as she thought about the difficult year she had and how she had tried so hard just to finish fourth. There was something rewarding about this, especially now that she had won while wearing the Red Bull logo. It proved to them that she deserved them.

Climbing out of her Dams car, arms raised into the air as she stood onto of it, she let out a light 'yes!' in Finnish. Every part of her body buzzed with an excitement she had never felt before as she ran to hug her team. The mechanics were all important and she did her best to be friends with them.

"Well done Neli," said Kimi as he hugged her over the barrier. "I'm so proud of you."

Even Christian Horner was there to congratulate his newest recruit to the driver's academy.

Anneli's mother didn't say anything but she did hug her daughter. Elijah hugged her too but seemed awkward considering she still wore a helmet. Anneli didn't pay attention to it as she took her helmet off, ready to be handed to the interviewer.

"How do you feel to win your first race in F2 during your rookie season?" Alex Brundle questioned.

"It's nice," Anneli shrugged.

Anneli Räikkönen was a woman of few words, everyone knew that.

She took after her dad in that respect and saw little point in rambling about things when she didn't need to. Her dad had always told her that she never had to do anything she didn't want to and Anneli didn't like doing media — another gene she picked up from Kimi.