The Intruder

[Open on the exterior. Cut to a video recording of 's eye.]

Luz: [Voiceover.] And here we have the most fearsome creature in the world, the King of Demons. [The video zooms out to show King trying to tear a sock off his nose.] Facing his natural enemy, the ducky sock!

King: [Grunting, tears the sock into pieces, then punches the remnants.] Where are you now, ducky sock? HAHAHA

Y/n: Aww, a cute little dictator at work.

Luz: So, why'd you call us here again?

King: Oh, yeah. [Grunting, climbs up a table.] Luz, Y/n, you've been so obsessed with witchcraft and swordsmanship that you haven't learned anything about my kind. Prepare yourself for... [Rips off a curtain to reveal a corkboard of photos of various demons; puts on a hat and spins the cord on top of it.] Demons 101. Demons like me are grim tricksters of the twilight, creatures of sulfur and bone.

Luz: [Zooming in with her camera.] And cute little paws.

King: [Sighs.] And cute little paws. True. We live only to create chaos and misery. Our only weaknesses are purified water and passive-aggressive comments. Sometimes.

Luz: Oh, you guys are sensitive.

Y/n: That's surprisingly kinda wholesome

King: Even demons have inner demons. [Tears off one of the pictures to reveal a snarling demon.] The most powerful demon of all is the Snaggleback. He's a—

Luz: Bad boy! [A colored filter appears over the screen, followed by several stickers

Luz: Bad boy! [A colored filter appears over the screen, followed by several stickers. Luz aims her phone down and taps on her screen.]

Y/n: [Couldn't help but smile and snicker.] Now Luz, pay attention. This information could save our lives someday.

Luz: No, no. I am so paying attention. This is my paying attention face. [Nodding.] Mm-hmm, mm-hmm, mm-hmm.

[Lightning crashes, immediately followed by a thunder rumble. Luz, Y/n, and King look outside.]

King: Uh-oh. Looks like it's gonna rain.

Luz: 
[Gasps.] I love the rain.

Y/n: Yeah, the smell and sound of the rain just hit just right.

King: Hey, wait!

Luz: [Opens the door, exhales.] I always love feeling the first few drops in my hair. [Kneels down to talk to a flower.] I bet you do too, little buddy. [A water drop drops down to the flower, making it wither and die immediately.] What?

Y/n: Oh right, Boiling Isles logic. 

Eda: [Runs to the house.] Boiling rain! Everybody, inside now! [Eda grabs their arms and yeets the both of them inside. Objects crash and clatter.] Phew! That was close. But the important thing is you didn't get hurt.

[Both of them are lying painfully on the floor and groaning. Cut to the outside of the Owl House, where King is putting a bandage on a burn on Luz's arm and Y/n's hand. He puts another bandage on his snout.]

King: Look, now we're boo-boo buddies.

Y/n: That's the cutest thing you have ever said.

Luz: [Squeals, then falls over looking at King.] Oh, my gosh, I love you so much. [Looks at Eda, who is creating a spell under a force field.] A boiling rainstorm on the Boiling Isles. The weather here is so fun.

Eda: Yeah, we don't have weather. We have plagues, gorenados, shale hail, painbows.

King: It's like a rainbow but looking at it turns you inside out.

[Y/n is visibly disturbed while Luz pulls the drawstrings of her hoodie closed.]

Eda: So, until the boiling rain stops, no one is allowed outside tonight.

King: And if the rain doesn't get you, the Snaggleback will. [Opens a book, showing Snaggleback images.] They wander the rain, feeding on boiled tourists.