The First Day

[Open on a dark backstage. Luz activates a light glyph and holds it between her and Eda.]

Luz: I-I'm not ready for this. Maybe we should go back.

Y/n: Don't worry, you can do it.

Eda: Nah, kid, you got this. Just do what we practiced!

Luz: But what if... What if I mess something up? Or what if I do something wrong? [Gasps.] What if I die?

Y/n: You're overracting again.

Eda: Hey. Calm down, calm down. I had to do the same thing when I was a witchling. It's like a rite of passage. Granted, I was a little more skilled.

Y/n and Luz: Eda!

Eda: Right, right. Sorry, sorry. Now, get pumped.

Luz: Pumped!

Y/n: Get ready.

Luz: [Pulls hood up.] Ready! 

Eda: Now, go! [Shoves her.]

[Cut to the stage, a spotlight aimed at the closed curtains and a banner reading "Hexside School: Entrance Exams." The curtains open. Luz jumps on stage in a dark cloak.]

Luz: [Movie trailer narrator voice.] From the humblest of beginnings, a hero will rise. [Normal voice.] I have traveled from another realm and trained with a powerful witch to master dark and forbidden magic. I am... [Takes cloak off with a twirl.] Luz Noceda! [Reveal the audience, which is empty except for Principal Bump sitting in the front row with a clipboard. She chuckles awkwardly, tosses confetti out of a fanny pack.] Confetti!

Principal Bump: Right. The human that wants to be a witch. Against my better judgement, I've allowed you to take this exam into Hexside. But can you even do magic with all your... human parts?

Luz: I sure can. [Zips open fanny pack.] It's said that humans can't do magic, [Pulls out papers and shows them to both sides of the auditorium.] but I discovered a lost technique that changes everything. [Eda and Y/n give two thumbs-ups from backstage. Luz activates the light glyph and lets the ball rise. She moves the ice glyph under the light and activates it. Luz beams and does jazz hands.]

Principal Bump: Spells cast with paper? I've never heard of such a thing. [To himself.] But is it enough to pass the exam?

Luz: Uhh...

Eda: Improvise.

Luz: Um, I can do other things, what about... this? [Stands, flips eyelids inside out.] Bleep, bloop, bleep! [Principal Bump is not impressed.] Ow, ow! Eyelash! Eyelash! [Luz slips on the melted ice pillar and falls into her abandoned cloak. She stands and tries to free herself, falling off the stage and onto Principal Bump. She rolls off him.] Sorry, sorry, sorry! [Places hand on an ice glyph.] Whoops! Ah! [The ice pillar lifts her up by one foot until she's eye level with Principal Bump. She nervously smiles.] I failed, didn't I? 

Principal Bump: Believe it or not, I've seen worse. [You can hear a faint face palm from Y/n.] Welcome, Luz, to Hexside School of Magic and Demonics! [Drops pamphlet on her head.]

Luz: [Weakly.] Hurray.

Principal Bump: Now your bodyguard...

Eda, Luz, and Y/n: Huh?

Y/n: Wait... I have to take the exam too?

Principal Bump: No no, I mean I would like to see if you are capable of keeping Luz safe. What other skills do you have?

Y/n: Uh... Oh! I have this [Uses the light sword technique.]

Principal Bump: Remarkable. Ok, you seem to be well equipped, but a proper attire must be suited. 

Y/n: Please tell me it isn't goofy or something.

Principal Bump: I assure you that it isn't. It is made out of "Wtiches Wool". A material that repels powerful spells. I sense that you're going to need it. [To Eda.] I'll be sending his "uniform" along with Luz's to you shortly.

[Cut to The Owl House]

Y/n: What did Principal Bump mean by proper attire?

Luz: Personally, I like your hoodie/jacket combo, and with the converse. Dang you looking fire!

Hooty: [Opens the door.] Hoot-Hoot, package delivery! [two boxes, one labelled "Luz" and the other "Y/n" is shown outside the door.]

Eda: Hot dang that must be your uniforms.

Luz: [She squeals in joy.] Yes! [The three of them unpack Luz's box first which holds her new uniform for Hexside. It has light grey sleeves that represent "Newcomers".] Wohoo!

Luz's Student Uniform: