Covention

[Open on Eda's Human Collectibles stand. She is dusting the table, looking bored. Y/n is just sitting backwards on a chair facing Luz while she is reading the first Azura book to King. Cut to the pages of the book, showing Azura facing off against Hecate.]

 Luz: Emboldened by the dishonor Hecate had shown, Azura lifted her staff to the cotton-candy skies and shouted, "I challenge you to a Duel!" And look! I drew a flip book. [Flips between two pages.] Pew, pew, pew!

King: Show me the picture. [Peeking over the top of the book.]

Luz: What?

King: Show me the picture! [Luz does.] Hah! I can draw better than that. You know, they once called me the King of Artists.

Y/n: Wait. I thought you were the King of Demons. Are you just making this up now?

King: Doesn't matter. What's important is that my followers would leave me offerings in fear of me!

Luz: Well, I can offer you more of this tantalizing book.

Eda: Ugh! Please stop reading that. Its flowery language is an insult to witches and driving away all of our serious customers!

Luz: Um, Eda? [Zoom out to the empty street.] What customers? There aren't even any other stands around. What's going on?

Y/n: Yeah, I mean I'm not complaining about the peace and quiet,

Eda: This is a bad omen. There must be something horrible happening today.

Gus: Luz! Y/n! [Him and Willow run up to the stand.] Something amazing is happening today!

Luz: Gus, Willow! Hey!

Y/n: Hello.

Willow: [Holds up a flier.] It's the annual covention! Student witches get to see all the types of covens before they're placed in one. There's even a mystery guest this year!

Y/n: [Looks at the flier confused at first.] Ahh, I see. Nice word play.

Luz: A job fair for witches! Eda, can we go?

Eda: Absolutely not. [Luz groans and drops to the ground.] I never joined a for a reason. Sure it's like a fun club for witches, but you're also giving up your independence to be part of a crooked system. [She looks at Willow and Gus.] Eh, but, you know, no judgment. In any case, I haven't been to one since we were girls.

Luz: "We"?

Y/n: Oop, oh no.

Eda: I—the—I mean—

Luz: 
[Pops back up.] Who's "we"? You have a mysterious past! Now we gotta go!

Eda: 
No.

Luz: 
Okay. Then you leave me no choice.

Y/n: Great, here we go...

King: [Grabs the book.] "You shall not shan't doeth no more harm," Azura callethed out... [Continues reading.]

Eda: So flowery, so awful. [Eda walks away, opening the Portal Door and stepping through it.]

King: "Hecate could only screech, screech as did she, for the screeching did worseneth."

[Luz tosses King through the portal as it closes. It opens a second later, Eda coming back through with King sitting on her head.]

Eda: Stop it! Stop it! I will literally do anything to stop this!

[Cut to a long building, a sign in front of it reading "COVENTION TODAY alchemists anonymous tomorrow". Cut to the front of the building, where Luz is bouncing on her feet and Willow is clapping. Eda groans into her hand.]

]