THE LOST BATTLE

Disclaimer ⚠️ : This chapter will include graphic writing that might be disturbing for some readers. Read at your own risk❗️
LUKA:
———
"I want everyone to wait for the signal. No one makes a move until I say so, got it?" Enzo spoke behind me to the group of men that came along with us.

"Yes, sir!"

"Good, now everyone to their positions." He said lastly before I heard footsteps of them walking away to hide.

We got to the place where the plaque's address was registered and I was surprised when we arrived to find a large group of people entering the house.

That only meant that this bastard was living here, matter of fact, he was here.

Why guard a mansion if you're not in it? Wherever you are you'll need protection and you don't get that unless they are where you are.

I smirk to myself as the thought of killing this bastard enters my mind. I get deja vu when I think about how it will be, it makes me remember my first big kill... my parents' killer.

Something that should have never lasted more than a few minutes turned into hours of torture and pain, but I did not regret a single second of it.

"What are you pensando about?" Enzo asked lowly from behind me.

I continued to stare ahead, just waiting for one of the guys to leave somewhere for us to make our move.

I sighed. "About how good I will feel once this ends."

Not only do I want this to be over with, but I cannot wait to get home to Mia. Even though she hates my guts, I will never get tired of her warm embrace towards me.

Hate is a feeling almost as strong as Love, as long as Mia continues with it I am fine, that means that I at least am something to her, I exist in her none criminal world.

"Hey, Luka?" I turned to the side to face Enzo who was rubbing the back of his head. "I'm sorry for what I said to you earlier, about Mia? I didn't mean it."

Turning back I shook my head. "I know you didn't. That wouldn't have stopped me from ripping off your head, though."

Enzo let out a low chuckle, punching me in the shoulder playfully before a loud screeching sound caught our attention.

My head immediately snapped to the direction the noise came from and I raised my gun abruptly, thinking that somehow one of the many guys in this property is aware of us being here.

"Hey!" Enzo hissed and lowered my gun with the palm of his hand. "Are you crazy? Do you think firing now is going to help when you aren't even wearing a bulletproof vest?!"

I turned around with a clenched jaw and turned the safety of the gun off. "Sono qui per farla finita!" I whispered and shouted.

Enzo rolled his eyes and on his knees, he took a step back and grabbed something from one of our men. That's when I realized that he had taken his bulletproof vest away and given it to me, the man didn't even seem to mind as he took it off and handed it over to Enzo.

That is the type of loyalty I expect from them.

"Here," Enzo shoved the vest in my chest with seriousness all over his voice. "Take this and make sure to be careful when we enter the place, I have a feeling this is not going to end well."

"I am not wearing this," I let out a scoff and pushed the vest away, letting it fall on Enzo's lap as I spoke in a very intimidating manner. "I have never worn one before and I am not going to wear one now, mi senti?"