drunken mistakes

CHARMAINE SET HER phone on the dining table, a loud sigh coming out of her mouth, as her hand moved to smack onto her forehead. She winced at the pain her hand caused to her head after smacking herself, pulling her hand away quickly, and sitting down in a dining chair, resting her elbows on the wooden table. Charmaine stared at the splayed-out blue sweater in front of her. She always saw Sebastian as her associate, a friend. Though she never saw him as the person she would call to while drunk to soothe her. 

"Damn it, Charmaine.. why did you do that?" Charmaine said aloud to herself, thinking it would help her remember that night. Why she would destroy a boundary she made for herself by inviting a near stranger into her room and stealing his sweatshirt? She had no idea. No answer. She knew Sebastian would never hurt her. She knew him that much to know he was a good, kind man.

She grabbed the sweater's arm, and pulled it over to her, picking it up. She took hold of the soft material, raising it to her nose, taking in the scent. It was a comforting smell, it made her feel warm and calm. Her thoughts were interrupted by a light knock on her door. Charmaine pulled her face away from the sweater, looking down at it, rolling her eyes at her earlier thoughts of Sebastian. She threw the sweater back down on the table, stood up, and walked over to the door. She quickly fixed her hair, and took in a sharp breath, before opening the door.

There stood Charmaine's friend, and coworker, Tom Hiddleston. They had met previously at the Avenger's Age of Ultron premiere, of course, but recently worked closely together on their soon-to-be-released movie, I Saw The Light. They became close, but not close enough to randomly surprise each other with random visits to their homes.

"Tom!" Charmaine exclaimed, her eyes widening at the sight of her co-star standing at her door, holding a small present in one hand, along with a cake in his other hand. "I had no idea you were coming, is everything alright?" Charmaine asked, before looking down at the items in Tom's hands. 

Tom smiled at Charmaine, "For your birthday. I am sorry I wasn't able to make it yesterday, and I wasn't sure when I would be seeing you next, so I met you here. I hope that's not a problem." he handed her the gift, which Charmaine took.

"Oh my gosh! You didn't have to.. come in, come in!" Charmaine exclaimed, smiling at the gift, moving out of the doorway to make way for Tom walking in.

"Though I did, you deserve it. The work you've done with me recently has been very impressive. I wanted to show my appreciation for you in a gift." Tom gave Charmaine a light smile, walking over to the dining table. He lightly moved the blue sweater out of the way, setting the cake he had bought for Charmaine down in the middle of the wooden table.

"You're very sweet, but I couldn't have done it without an amazing costar like you, Tom." Charmaine walked over, picking up the sweater, and holding it in her arms. "You're dressed so nicely, what's the occasion?" She raised her eyebrow slightly, looking down at Tom's tux, then back up at his eyes. 

"You, my friend, are coming to lunch with me. If you would like, of course. The dress code there is a bit.. sophisticated." Tom spoke as he continued to warmly smile at Charmaine.

Charmaine's eyes widened. She wasn't planning to do anything that day besides nap and sleep off her hangover. But how could she decline a planned lunch with a dear friend? She gave a slight nod, smiling at Tom. "I would love to! Let me get ready, make yourself comfortable."