Chapter 02: Awakening

As the sun began to rise, the boy slowly opened his eyes and sat up, fully healed and renewed. He was surprised to see that the wounds on his body were fully healed.

He felt an unprecedented surge of energy coursing through his veins. A sense of strength and energy that he had never experienced before. He didn't know what to make of this sudden change, but he felt grateful nonetheless.

After slowly rising to his feet and turning to look around, he saw nothing else other than the dead boar and thick wall of trees that surrounded him.

And the dead boar doesn't look that fresh to him. It seems that it had aged quite well.

A sense of unease washed over him. It looked like he'd been lying there for days, or is it?

He approached the boar and slowly poked it with his fingers. There's nothing strange in there. Just a dead boar, which loses its life.

That's when he noticed his hand. Which almost looked like dry sticks the day before, now looked much healthier. Furthermore, his physical condition is much better.

What is happening? If he had remained in this spot for days, he would have either starved or fallen victim to a wild animal. He was sure that was not the case.

He wanted to find answers to all his questions.

Why is he not dead?

Why is he much healthier than before?

Why is he in this place?

Where is this place?

Where is his dress?

And finally, WHO IS HE?

He was aware that until he met someone, he would not have the answers. He has to track someone down.

The state of his body was the one concern that bothered him the most out of all of them. It was odd.

He was much better than he had been. He was certain that he had not consumed anything. But his body is better in some way.

He heard noises rapidly coming from a distant corner. He cautiously disappears behind a tree. When his nakedness touched the trunk of the tree, it brought his senses to alertness.

There were nothing but some birds.

And he needs to find some clothes. That is his top priority now.

He kept following the footpath and was careful with each step. He made sure there was nothing in danger before he took a step forward.

Surprisingly, after a few minutes of walking, he came across a clearing of trees on the side of the path. It looked like someone purposefully cleared it.

As he approached the clearing, he realised that it was a campsite. And there is no evidence of any recent activity. There was nothing other than some ashes and charcoal in the centre.

As he slowly walked away, he saw a thrown away tent.

He quickly reached for the tent. It was in terrible shape. The fabric was torn and almost disintegrating. He carefully ripped a piece of the fabric and tied it around his hip. The rest of the fabric was in terrible condition.

He quickly searched the area for any weapons he could carry, but he couldn't find any.

He continued walking after leaving the rest behind.

He walked a few more yards and found himself in front of a large tree. The tree gives off an uncertain feeling.

Fruits were hanging from the tree's branches. Fruits were scattered across the ground beneath the tree. Birds and other small wild animals were also scurrying around the tree.