Chapter 05: New Things

In no time, the grass around its paw started to froze up. As the frost covered the ground, it began to spread to the surrounding trees.

Only its breath was visible in the darkness. Its breath formed icy clouds, creating an eerie atmosphere which seemed to freeze time itself.

The air became colder as the beast took a step forward, sending chills down the spines of Ibzel and the others. They could feel the menacing presence drawing closer.

Every time the beast moved forward, the ground would freeze, crack, and release ice shards beneath its feet. The terrifying creature seemed unstoppable as it continued its relentless march towards them.

Its figure became apparent to them as it drew nearer, revealing its massive size and ferocious features. It looked like a tiger, but with twice the size of a normal one and three times the teeth. Its white, thick fur and the intensity of its piercing blue eyes added to its intimidating presence.

The ground trembled under its weight as it continued its relentless march towards them, instilling a sense of terror and despair. Its towering size and razor-sharp claws were enough to strike fear into the hearts of all who witnessed it.

''It's a White Tiger!'' Bigon spoke in a low voice filled with awe and fear. ''Keep still and avoid looking into its eyes.''

''Fa... the... rr...'' Ibber shuddered in fear.

Ibzel gasped in terror as he saw the creature approaching them. His body tensed and cried out to be moved. His eyes twitched as he tried to resist the overwhelming urge to look into the white tiger's eyes.

''It won't attack you unless you provoke it." Bigon reassured them, his voice filled with a hint of confidence.

The group stood frozen in fear, unsure whether to trust Bigon's words or not.

The tiger approached the embers of the bonfire closer and stood back for a moment. Then, without warning, it grabbed something and turned towards the group, growling low, causing panic among them.

They were frozen in fear as the white tiger suddenly lunged backward and vanished into the darkness.

They all stood there, trying to process what had just happened. They looked at each other, still trembling from the panic among them.

After making sure the tiger was not in the region anymore, Bigon moved towards Ibber and Ibzel.

He asked them, "Are you both okay?"

They nodded and assured him that they were fine. Bigon let out a sigh of relief.

''It only took your bird!'' Bigon said relievedly to Ibzel.

''My... bird...?'' Ibzel asked in confusion.

''Yep, the one you were carrying with you when we found you. I placed it down close to the fire.''

''Oh yes, I remember now," Ibzel replied, a look of realisation crossing his face.

''I believe the tiger is not in good health. It must have been looking for an easy meal and found that bird instead.''

''But it didn't look like that.'' Ibber interrupted, shaking his head. "It looked strong and healthy to me."

Bigon smiled and replied, ''That's where they are different. It looked like that because it was going through evolution.''

''Evolution...?'' Ibzel asked with curiosity. "What do you mean by that?"

''Yeah... They evolve when they reach a certain age and are lucky." Ibber explained in awe.