0 - 1

ᵗʰᵉ ᵖʳⁱⁿᶜᵉ

˚ ༘ .˚🌱୭ ˚.  ᵎᵎ

It's been a year since Ophelia ran away from the orphanage and found the cottage, by now she already fixed and redecorated everything. She woke up to the sun shining through her window, yawning she got up from her bed and walked to her kitchen. It was a bit cold since she only had her nightgown on from the night before but she was used to the chilly morning.

She began cooking breakfast for herself. It was just a simple plate of pancakes. But before she could dig in, she heard scratching from her door and rushed to open it. Ophelia opened the door to a fluffy white cat.

"Good morning, Heinz," she greeted the white cat. The cat, Heinz, just meowed at her back and entered the house. She always assumed he was a stray from the lack of a collar and how he was always dirty whenever she saw it every morning.  She always wondered where he'd run off to every afternoon only to come back the next day.

She once tried giving him a bath but that didn't end well. Let's just say there were a lot of torn curtains and water splashed everywhere.

Ophelia shrugged off her thoughts and closed the door. She opened the cupboards above her kitchen counter to fetch Heinz his meal. She brought him food so everytime he visited her he'd have something to eat. Grabbing a spare bowl from her dish rack, she poured the tuna in. "Here's your meal Heinz," she called out to the cat.

𖤣.𖥧.𖡼.⚘

After eating her meal she took a quick bath in the springs near her cottage and changed out of her nightgown. Ophelia now wore a brown dress, a black cloak, and black boots.

On her way out, she took a basket that was filled with seedlings she grew. She was about to leave until Heinz ran at her before she could close the door. "You wanna come with me today Heinz?" she asked the cat, even if she knew he couldn't answer her back.

She walked a few feet away from the cottage before turning back, she placed the basket down next to a waiting Heinz. Ophelia held out her hands akin to a music conductor and the ground suddenly trembled, plants from all around rapidly grew in sync, vines dancing and curling around the cottage enough to obscure it from anyone who wandered near.

Ophelia dropped her hands back to her sides when the cottage was fully covered. "That should do it," she picked up the basket from the ground and Heinz, who climbed up to her shoulder. She bunched up her dress and cloak and began to walk out of the forest.

She stopped at a stone wall that blocked her path. "Well that won't do. Right Heinz?" she asked rhetorically but the cat meowed back. Without a second later a branch from a nearby tree grew towards their direction. She hopped on and the branch began to lift them over the wall.