0 - 2

ᵗʰᵉ ᵖʳⁱⁿᶜᵉ

˚ ༘ .˚🌱୭ ˚.  ᵎᵎ

Tedros laid on his bed staring up the ceiling. His mind was racing with thoughts of the beautiful girl he met at the market. He doesn't get it. He's only seen her once but he couldn't help but want to talk to her again.

His eyes wandered to the small plant that rested on his bedside table. Then a thought suddenly hit him, 'I never got her name!'

Within a moment of decision he took the arrows from his bow and leapt out the window. Catching himself with one of the arrows. 'This is absolutely stupid..! Why am I even doing this? I've only met her once,' these were the thoughts running through his head while he climbed down the side of the castle.

Without even realizing it, he was already at the bottom of the tower. He took off towards the busy market to find the small stand. The market was brightly lit by the lamps on the stalls. The crowd was still bustling in the market.

'She's probably still there!' Tedros thought hopefully. That hope quickly diminished when he arrived at the small stall seeing it dim, completely without a person in sight. He looked around hoping to see her but to no avail.

Tedros looked at the stalls nearby and started his small investigation. He approached a stall that sold dry fruits. "Excuse me, Miss?" He called out to the elderly woman.

"Yes–", the woman gasped at the sight of the blond prince. "Prince Tedros..! Good evening your Majesty!" the old woman greeted with a bow.

"Huh?" Tedros was confused until he found the problem. Earlier when he went with the knights he wore a disguise so people wouldn't recognize him but now he was in his normal clothing and without a cloak. 'Great...' he grumbled to himself.

"I would like to ask a question," Tedros dismissed his current predicament. "Ask anything, your Majesty!"

"Do you know the girl that sells plants here?" Tedros asked.

"That girl? Oh of course! She's quite famous around here but no one knows her name. All we know is that she only comes to the town two separate days a week. Why? Is there something that she did?" The old woman worried.

"Oh not any of the sorts. I only wanted to know her name," he reassured.

"I'm terribly sorry but you're going to have to ask that to her. I'm afraid no one in this town knows her name."

Tedros sighed at the information. "Thank you very much, ma'am!" He thanked her anyway before making his way back to the palace. Using the same way he got down.