Xi| Broken Hearts

Italics: Finnish

●▬▬▬▬▬ ⋆🧊🇫🇮 ⋆ ▬▬▬▬▬●

ᴺᴼᵂ ᴾᴸᴬᵞᴵᴺᴳ : We are young

"So let's set the world on fire

We can burn brighter than the sun"

Anneli Räikkonen didn't purposely keep secrets because she never saw the point in them, they didn't mean anything and they only caused trouble

Anneli Räikkonen didn't purposely keep secrets because she never saw the point in them, they didn't mean anything and they only caused trouble. However, she did have a slight flaw in her system: her mind didn't always think to tell someone something important and they would think she was keeping it a secret.

Her family knew this so they took everything with a pinch of salt and her father wasn't the type of person to get angry at that anyway. He trusted his daughter and as long as she was getting herself into trouble with keeping any secrets, he knew she had a right to do so. Kimi just wanted all of his kids to be safe and Anneli being an adult didn't change that. Especially because she didn't have as much of a childhood with all of the karting and athlete lifestyle.

"Anneli, don't forget that you invited Mick and Sebastian around," Kimi warned. "Don't be late."

"I am never late," Anneli shrugged as she tugged her boots on. "It's just normal snowboarding. I do it every Saturday I am home."

"I know,"  Kimi smiled, patting her shoulder. "Is the whole group going?"

"Just me and Elijah. The others have jobs," Anneli replied smoothly.

"I don't like when there are only two of you when you go in the dark—"

"Dad, please don't," Anneli warned. "We snowboard in the dark all the time."

"Not with him, with your friends," Kimi responded as he shook his head.

"Do you not like him or something?"

"I did not mind him and then I saw how he was with you last weekend," Kimi admitted. "You cannot let him treat you like that, Nel."

"Like what?"

"He pushes you around because you don't pay full attention to him," Kimi explained. "He is jealous of your friends. He does not make an effort with you, he doesn't know Finnish or try to learn it like he would if he cared. He just convinces himself your English has hidden meaning."

"Yeah...okay," Anneli sucked in a breath. "I need to go..."

"Text me when you're on your way home," Kimi replied.

Anneli nodded. Elijah was driving so that wasn't a problem, for some reason he had insisted that he drove so Anneli didn't fight much. All she wanted was to go snowboarding.