47

"Fear. Fear attracts the fearful. The strong. The weak. The innocent. Fear is my ally."

For the Maiar, very few things of the world can actually catch his appreciation. The void of space exceeded that by miles. Ever since first getting onto a ship and soaring into the cosmos themselves, it never ceases to amaze him how vast the universe. Sauron felt as though he was part of the numerous stars that surrounded his. Operating his personal vessel SC300-Silver on an automatic course, it never ceased to amaze Sauron the unrivaled beauty of space.

Those were thoughts for another time. With a few simple presses of a button, the hum of the ships systems intensified. A complete Star Map is already uploaded into the ship's navigation system, or whatever they called it.

Sauron still could never understand the strange contraptions of this reality

Sauron still could never understand the strange contraptions of this reality. He'd rather use his own devices from his craft now made into the Force and Dark Magic, and luckily is still a cut above the rest. N.A.T.O. may have been the annoying runt of a mortals', but it irked Sauron that he had him beat at mechanics. The next Sauron knew, N.A.T.O is creating weapons of mass destruction. Considering the vision into the future he had, that may not be far from the truth.

Sauron felt himself lurch as his craft reached maximum velocity and entered hyperspace. It was weird to Sauron of this extra dimension that allowed travel faster than light itself. All he could see is a vast array of lights colliding as one around him as if he were in a bright tunnel. The former Maiar idly thought if this what the mortals in Arda saw when they died, ascending above the stars to be in the land of paradise with the Vanir and Eru Illuvatar.

They did not matter to Sauron, except Morgoth. Not anymore. He was out of their reach, unleashing him on a new reality to reshape. To wage war, to conquer, to make his rule. Perhaps at another time he would've thought this a second chance of a new life after his was beaten by an all-powerful and motherly Empress of Zakull decades ago.

In the end, when Sauron sits on the throne of an Empire that puts fear into his enemies, it is still a lonely throne. The Dark Lord has always been alone, his own subordinates not counting. For eons, Sauron never realized or was bothered by it, but in this new life the words of Anakin still persist with vigor. How making himself completely alone is the same as not existing, just like what had almost happened to him in the void. Sauron never wanted to ever experience that again, but how does one not be alone?

Sauron growled outloud. Hyperspace travel was still taking a while, and he had gone by himself. Therefore, Sauron was left to his own thoughts and they always had a knack of dragging off ever since he was placed in a mortal body. Reforging the One Ring helped bring the Maiar in his soul, but everything else about him from his mind and body was still very alien to him. Especially in his more earlier years when he had these infuriating urges that he could not place. Only that, to his humiliation, Sauron could not stop himself staring at any feminine body when just any amount skin was shown. It never bothered him before as a Maiar, but being stuck in flesh is still so fucking confusing!