The Outpost

Elara knew exactly what had to be done in order for this plan to be successful. Infiltrate the empire from within, make sure by any means necessary that her cover will remain intact as she makes her way through the intended path to get to one prominent soldier in particular.

Crosshair...

While, they had never been on good terms with one another. It's not like they necessarily hated each other. It's just their personalities never once collided well so that did lead to conflict and disagreements, but at the end of the day they still had each other's back regardless of the situation before everything happened with the empire. Now, having the Intel that the inhibitor chips have been deteriorating on some of the clones, which are helping them come back to the realization of what is actually been going on and what has been forcing them to make them follow an order that they consciously would have never done. That has actually given the woman hope that maybe the sniper in a way has come back to his senses and might actually aid her and uncover what has been going on this whole entire time while she's been away with the others.

Thanks to the technology that's been provided to her by her sister, Elaras appearance has been completely altered to disguise the woman with blonde hair, bright green emerald eyes, which is a completely different contrast to the woman's natural brown eyes and fiery red hair that everyone has come to know as the signature look for the woman. That had been just the trick to get her through the chain code system unnoticed, and ready to go for the assignment that would take her to an outpost that would conveniently have said sniper in question assigned to the same mission.

It has been quite easy for the woman to identify where she needed to go once seeing the sniper casually standing about chewing on the toothpick in a relaxed position instead of the attentive one he had previously presented himself in when they last encountered one another. That's the first clue to her about the inhibitor chip deteriorating within them body language always speaks volumes about someone and fortunately Crosshair is no exception to that rule. That is until lieutenant Nolan made an approach, it had been quite obvious that upon their arrival the former bad batch member had been ridiculed for their appearance in lack of composure when it came to standing at attention when a commanding officer had been in their presence.

Which made Elara internally gag, quite frankly it made her want to smash in his beady little face right then and there.

Instead, now the blonde haired woman holds herself with pride as she strides over in the green suit with the imperial cigna on the shoulder in a very professional manner with her hands behind her back "Lieutenant Nolan, I presume?" Her voice states in a formal statement more than a question upon approaching.

The man turned around, almost dumbfounded, to be addressed by a feminine voice but quickly regains his composure "I'm Lieutenant Nolan, your commanding officer for this mission. We're heading to the Imperial Depot on Barton-4." The Lieutenant looks at both Elara and Crosshair, seemingly pleased he doesn't have to go through this intel once more  ''Here is a brief insight for the assignment, high-value cargo stored there has been targeted by local insurgents. We're to secure it until it's transferred at week's end." he finishes as he makes his way past the clones to the shuttle, before he gets fully all the way up on the ramp, he turns his head towards the blonde "Please come with me Agent, I'd hate for you to let the other colleagues in our ranks to think of you as an advocate of the clones still" he glares at her darkly, keeping her mannerism, professional and stern, she nods her head in acknowledgment "I appreciate the concern Lieutenant, please correct me if I'm wrong the clones are still troopers are they not?" She pauses keeping her tone low and monotone "They still serve the very same empire that you and I do, no?" she asks giving him no chance to answer "With all due respect, I would prefer to keep my post in the back with them." Standing tall as she finishes her statement with a determination set in her eyes towards him.

The lieutenant looks appalled and taken aback as he turns his body once again, but is greeted with two more clones he sighs with disgust, rolling his eyes ''Great more Clones...I don't like used equipment" he spits out as he makes his way up the ramp. Elara lets out a soft breath of air, before he walks up to the ramp she notices Crosshair staring at her intently, even with his helmet on, she can feel the intense gaze burn through her skin. The woman shakes off the feeling knowing that may have been an indication to him of who she might be, but other than that mishap there are no other signs she plans to slip up on.

HAII

FIRST OFF

5K?!? WHAT?! I get writers block for a hot minute and you guys just kind of blow up the story so thank you so much for sticking with this for a hot minute!

I think part of me had been waiting for the show to be ending so that way I knew kind of where I would be going in the conclusion for the story.

SECONDLY

I would love to say thank you to everyone who has reached out to me asking me to continue the story. I had honestly started to believe that no one really had been interested in it until I had started to get DM's and people genuinely wanted me to start continuing this adventure with Widow aka Elara.

From now on, I am going to be using her actual name which is Elara McTavish her character is so much more flushed out than when I started with her last year which is definitely thinks to role-playing and kind of letting her character write herself as her story went on.

I will also be writing pre-empire stuff here soon once I get everything settled with the bad batch show Lore for this story, because let me tell you guys there are some stories from the clone wars with this woman that have yet to be told and I am so excited to share these with you guys!

Till next time!!