Till we meet again

They had finally been able to get the intel to the senate... The problem was is that it back fired, majorly, to the point where clones are going to be phased out. She never thought that would happen, the republic now Empire had officially decommissioned the clones, toss them aside like they are nothing but old equipment. It hurts Elara deeply because she has personally worked with many of the men in the GAR before joining in the Bad Batch towards the end of the war, she had hoped that the revelation of how Tipoca City fell only hindered the efforts to get the clones rights all together much to all of their displeasure. Rex had asked Elara to stay behind to aid with infiltrating an Imperial compound on a planet on of his contacts is stranded on, while Elara is more than happy to accept and help Rex out... It also means she has to separate from her family that she has grown very close to over time and she has no idea how to tell them about this.

That is until they were about to depart from, Echo had informed them of his staying behind to aid the Captain which presented the red head with the opportunity to let them know "So am I... You won't be hearing from me for a while actually" Elara can see the hurt in their eyes, especially in Hunters and Omega's. "It's best you don't know of what I'll be doing but know I will always have a point of contact with me and if need be they can get me out." Wrecker is the first one to approach her letting his arms scoop her frame into them for a typical embrace "We'll miss ya Red" his voice more somber than usual, she can tell that easily when returning the hug. Slowly but surely the brute places her down to the ground to make room for Tech to give a subtle nod following with a smile "Do take care of yourself Elara" it was a simple statement that the spy smiles softly to, Omega though... Her darling Mega wasn't taking the departure of Echo and Elara very well.

Omega had a hard time letting go of Echo almost prolonging the inevitable farewell to her mother like figure she has come to know and love. But alas Omega had to accept it when she fell into the embrace of Elara's arms when the woman knelt down, both of them hiding their faces in one another's neck for this emotional unexpected farewell. Is it to hide their tears? The sobs? or the pure raw emotions both of them are showing on their faces, neither of them will truly know until they pull apart wiping away each others tears with a faint smile appearing of their faces "Will you look for Crosshair while you're gone?" it is easy to tell that Omega is still hopeful for the return of her wayward brother, with a soft nod Elara smiles warmly "I'll make sure to keep an eye out Mega, make sure to keep these boys in line while I'm gone, yeah?" that was obviously the right thing to say with Omegas face lit up and gave a mock salute "Yes Ma'am!" with that the blonde falls in line besides her other brothers.

This is the hard part... Hunter... His approach is calm, warm, almost soft and reassuring which put many of her own fears to rest when a small smile spreads across his features "I know nothing I say will make you change your mind... But just know that when you're ready to come back, we'll be waiting and wanting to hear everything about your mission." Hunter kept his voice soft and steady as he pulls the woman into his arms to hold her for a few moments so he can take in every bit of her that he can, the smell of her hair to the softness of her skin on his own. Elara just melts into his arms almost never wanting to leave, they've been through so much together in there time with one another. This will be one of the first times they've been away from each other since the fall of Tipoca City but this is much bigger than each other just wanting to stay with one another, Elara feels like she owes it to these men to at least try to help them with this time of need right now. "Maker, I love you. Thank you for understanding" her voice is soft and gentle when speaking "I love you, just make sure you come back to us... To me..." his words are firm and gentle while pulling the red head in for a soft kiss.

Begrudgingly they pull away from one another after the kiss, Hunter didn't have it in him to look back at her before boarding the Havocc with the others. But as for Elara she couldn't take her eyes off of him as he walked away from her, it's taking everything in her to not call off the plan so that way she can leave with her family but the woman also knows that later on she would be pissed at herself for abandoning them after such a devastating blow to the clones being betrayed by the very government they swore to protect.

Standing there with Echo, Fives and Rex she watches the Havocc fly once again leaving her behind to start up her new mission... Figure out where these men are going to be sent once they have been decommissioned. This will be one of the most challenging tasks shes had in a very long time, probably since escaping the cruiser that took down Kamino. Everyone is well aware of the risk, there might be scarifies that will have to be made but there is a silent agreement among them to make sure this gets completed efficiently and quickly.

A/N: Haiii, yes I am alive. My writers block is over as of now!! I know this is a shorter chapter than what I normally provide but there wasn't much of a set up to do when making Elara go into the Empire UNDERCOVER. I will leave you all with this... Mayday... Mayday