01

The light shone into Hanbin's room as the sound of his alarm drilled into his ear. With a groan, he slapped his hand over the device with so much force, it was bound to break.

"Ah, shit..." He grumbled before sitting up, his head spinning as he sat down and contemplated life for a while. He was only in his 20s and was just a few more bad moments before going completely white haired.

He'd gone drinking last night and was hungover. His head pounded and he felt like there were a hundred nails under his feet as he walked.

"Maybe I should've listened to Hikaru when he told me not to go partying." Hanbin mumbled as he stood up and went to the kitchen, grabbing a painkiller from the cupboard and swallowing it dry.

"Ew, I still wonder how you do that." A voice came from behind him. Fortunately, it didn't irritate his headache any further. Seunghyun came from another room, jacketl in one hand and an iron in the other.

The two had been friends since highschool and have been close ever since. After college, they decided to buy an apartment together— mostly for budget reasons, but also because they would probably die if they lived alone.

"When you're a party freak like me, you can do anything." Hanbin raised a knowing brow to the other's head shake. "Shouldn't you be getting ready? It's Monday, you have classes today."

Hanbin's eyes widened at Seunghyun's words, immediately fishing his phone out of the pockets of his sweatpants to see the calendar.

Indeed, it was Monday.

A loud cry came from his mouth as he held his head in his hands. "I totally forgot… why did I agree to go to the club with Jinho last night?!"

Seunghyun chuckled as he went over to the ironing board. "Maybe if you listened to me yesterday…"

Hanbin was already darting to the bathroom, trying desperately to get rid of the alcohol smell on him. The last thing he needed was his students to find out about his late night activities.

After rinsing himself off, he was bolting to his room with a towel around his waist, grabbing anything that looked good and throwing it on haphazardly.

He sprayed himself with half a bottle of perfume before trying to put on his shoes, landing in the living room in the process.

"Uh, need any help?" Seunghyun offered, finding the other in a dilemma as he tried to squeeze into his sneakers. "Nope! You get going to work!"

"If you insist..?" With a lighthearted shake of the head, Seunghyun grabbed his bag from the coat rack and straightened his jacket. It was still relatively early, so the office should've been fairly empty.

He worked for a fashion company owned by his family, being responsible for accounting and occasionally making designs of his own. While Hanbin was a teacher at a highschool, becoming a student teacher when he was just in university.

Hanbin had finally finished getting ready by the time Seunghyun was gone. He jumped up to his feet and grabbed the keys to his car, glancing at the clock. 7:02 am, it said. His class usually started at 8, but he needed to be at school by 7 to clock in and grade papers.

"Minseo's gonna kill me." He muttered under his breath as he sprinted out of the apartment.

As he ran to the parking lot and entered his car, there was a ring on his phone. He brought it up to his ear and trapped it between his shoulder as he put on his seatbelt.

"Hello? Who's this? Sorry, I didn't get to check the caller ID."

"It's Minseo. Where are you? I brought you your coffee and it's getting cold! I might give it to Daehyeon if you don't hurry up."