04

They arrived at a small cafe, ordering at the counter before walking over to a table and only unravelling their hands when they sat across from each other.

"So, Myungjae, how are you liking working at the school?" Hanbin asked first, chin resting on his hand as he admired the boy in front of him. "It's nice. Everyone's kind, the kids are cute, it's way better than the daycare I used to work at. You know, shit flying everywhere."

Hanbin chuckled at his answer. "I'm glad you like it. I've been teaching there practically since I graduated and we don't get many new applicants. It's nice to see some new faces."

"Yeah, I'm glad Junwon hired me in advance."

"Maybe it's fate?" Hanbin said, eyebrows shifting as his hand went down to hold the other's. Myungjae only laughed, tilting his head with a smile. "Well, I'm not complaining."

Just in time, their drinks arrived, the waitress placing it down in front of them as they thanked her before she walked away. Myungjae sipped at the drink, his mind wandering far as his eyes were trained on the boy next to him.

A few hours passed as they talked and got to know each other. Hanbin smiled brightly, but even then, Myungjae couldn't help but notice something wasn't… right. Even though he replied to everything he said, he looked zoned out. Almost like he was thinking of something else.

He tried his best not to frown too much as the taller seemed to notice every little detail. Thoughts would enter his head, doubt filling him from time to time whenever Hanbin seemed to space out.

"Hanbin, are you alright?" Eventually, it was time for him to get to the bottom of it. "I'm feeling great. Why do you ask?"

"Sorry if I'm being rude, but it looks like you've got something on your mind. We can schedule this date for another time if you're okay with that?"

Hanbin paused for a bit. Myungjae was right, his mind was preoccupied and he felt guilty that the other had noticed it when he was obviously supposed to be focusing on his date. As much as he didn't want to, he knew that if he went on and insisted he was fine, the other would only get hurt even more.

"Y-Yeah, that's okay. I'm sorry to ruin our date. I-I don't know what's gotten into me." He knew exactly what he was thinking about. His heart ached each time he did.

"No, it's okay! No worries at all. I could walk you home if you'd like?"

"You're willing to do that?"

"It's getting dark, I don't think either of us should be outside by ourselves. Come on, I already know where you live."

Hanbin laughed at that. They stood up from their seats, leaving the cafe. It was cold outside as the sun was ready to set.

There was a comfortable silence between them as they walked side by side, hands intertwined. No one dared to say a thing, small smiles on their faces.

The taller's apartment was just a few blocks away from the cafe so when they approached Hanbin's apartment within a few minutes, his smile dropped as he did the same with Myungjae's hand.

"We're here." The redhead announced with a soft voice. He moved forwards and turned around so they were now facing each other on the sidewalk, just them, no one else around.

"Hanbin, I need to ask you something."

"W-What is it?"

"Can I kiss you?"

Hanbin froze, eyes blown from his socket. He didn't even understand why he was so surprised, anyone could suspect Myungjae's confession from a mile away.