05

Hanbin entered his apartment, slamming the door behind him with such aggression that the wall made a small crack sound. He'd have to explain that to his landlord later.

"Dude, what the fuck?!" Seunghyun yelled, coming out of his room with a pillow in hand and hair that was sticking out in all directions. Just as he was about to yell again, he saw Hanbin sit down with his head in his hands.

He walked over towards him, sitting next to him and rubbing his back comfortingly. "What happened? Is everything alright?"

"I fucked up, hyung. I fucked up so bad. Myungjae hates me and will never wanna be with me ever. Maybe it's a good thing for him, he's better off without me."

"Oh, come on, now. Don't say that! It can't be that bad, right?"

"I'm still in love with my ex."

Seunghyun paused, blinking in silence when Hanbin looked up at him with teary eyes. He bursted into tears once again as Seunghyun tried his best to console him.

"I-It's not that bad! You could've been in love with his sister or something?"

"His sister is divorced and has a child who's one of my students, why would I be in love with her?!" Hanbin asked through tears and pathetic cries.

"Hanbin, you're obviously having a breakdown. Let's calm down a bit, alright? We can take a day off tomorrow and watch a movie or something, my treat." Seunghyun said reassuringly.

The younger calmed down, hiccuping through the remaining tears. "I can't. The kids have an exam tomorrow and I can't not be there."

"Alright, fine, but I'm driving you and picking you up. I'll tell Hyeonggeun to keep an eye on you, too."

Hanbin nodded and stood up with Seunghyun, the older taking him to his room and helping him get changed. They've been friends since forever, so it wasn't an unfamiliar thing to them.

After changing into a new pair of clothes, Seunghyun insisted on tucking him in and, much to Hanbin's dismay, actually did it. He brought the blanket up to the younger's chest gently, stroking his hair.

"You'll be alright, Hanbin."

"Thanks, hyung. So much."

Seunghyun smiled softly at him before getting up, closing the lights on his way out and shutting the door behind him, leaving Hanbin all by himself.

He sighed shakily, still recovering all the tears he'd shed. Eventually, his eyes got heavy.

———

The next day, Hanbin woke up to gentle shaking and the shining sun, much unlike his usual mornings that would start with the screaming of his alarm clock. He opened his eyes to see Seunghyun.

"Morning, Binnie. There's breakfast on the table."

Hanbin sat up with a yawn and rubbed his puffy eyes. "Thanks. I'll be there in a sec."

The older nodded and got up, leaving his room once again. Hanbin took the time to stretch, as well as mentally preparing himself just in case he'd see Myungjae again.

Speaking of Myungjae, he took out his phone and checked his notifications. No response.

It was starting to worry him if he was gonna see Myungjae at all. The younger ran before he could even find him and he wouldn't have even known he was still alive if Hyunwoo— bless his heart— told him that he picked up Myungjae with Minseo and Jinho.

He decided to send another text just for good measure before closing the device and getting up.

As he went to the bathroom to wash up, he thought about everything. Myungjae, his ex, the date, just… everything.